Chapter 26

*Recap*

He kisses the top of my head and says, "Good night Wifey."

Karla's pov

2days later (aka Saturday)

The stadium lights blare in my eyes as I watch the play moving on the pitch. I sit by Tina who eats her hot dog tensely.

We're at the football match between Baylors and Troits.

(Our schools team is Baylors)

It's the last half, effort from both teams to win had flunked which resulted in the edgey mood from the spectators.

I, on the other hand, rub my eyes as the contacts were making my eyes feel itchy and teary. It's probably because I took a nap with them or because I continuously rub on them.

Yeah, I should probably stop.

Attempting to distract myself I try thinking of something but my mind drifts to Thursday night and Aiden.

The following days after, things went back to how they were. Kind of.

I say 'kind of' because Aiden's demeanor changed.

He started acting different,
   a good type of different,
                     more civil at least.

What showed there was a change was first of all he acknowledged me.
Not like I'm begging for his attention when I have the Creator on my side but it was actually nice for once that in the mornings before he left he'd say hi or good morning or later in the day he'd ask about my day.

You know those little stuff which made my 20 year old self swoon.

when I saw him before he left for work, asking me how my day was and.giving me his starstriking smile.

Also one day when I came home I met  two boxes of Nutella with beautiful pink tulips beside them which made and it had my name on it bedazzled on it.

Like bruhhhh,
it was definitely unexpected, like.......

"KarBear you okay?"
Tina asks bringing me out of the trance. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why?"
I ask and rub my long sleeved arm as the cold breeze passes by.

We wore football jerseys on top of our tops with Tina wearing Nate's and I wearing Devon's.

Yes.
It was the same one I wore before but this time I was well aware of the implications and I wore it as a supportive friend.

Underneath, I had a black long sleeve body suit paired with blush pink straight legged jeans and air force 1s which had butterflies drawn on them.

My natural hair was braided in cornrows with a scarf over it making the starting of the corn rows peek out, highlighting the edges also making the pink beaded ends hang out.

I wore hoops and glossed my lined lips. Nothing too extreme.

"You keep rubbing on your eyes and staring into nothingness." She says giving me a concerned look.

"Oh, i think my contacts are acting up. The lights are in my eyes too." I say.

"Oh sorry. I didn't think the lighting there would be a problem since these were great seats.
Also, you could have at least worn your glasses gurl since you don't want everyone up in your business.
You're always wearing those contacts. Let your eyes breathe Karlz."

She states in an 'as a matter of fact' tone turning her attention back to the game and I eat my hot dog.

A few munches later, on this heavenly food, me minding my business, Tina beat taps me.