Chapter 13

*Recap*
After that we slowly caught the bus to good ol' Dreamland.

Karla's pov

Next day/ Saturday

It's around 2:00 pm and i'm sitting on my bed typing away my assignment which is due on Tuesday when I get a call from
Richards & Co.

I pick up.

"Hello?" I say not really expecting
a call from them.

"Hi, it's Miranda. In case you don't remember." She says.

"Hi and yes I remember you Miranda. Um, is there something wrong?" I ask since I have no idea why she's calling.

"No there's nothing wrong. I'm
calling to ask you whether your free on Wednesday? Mr.Richard wants to set up a meeting with you about the contract." She says.

"No but he said I could get back to him after I'm done reading the contract." I said.

"Oh, I didn't know that. I'm sorry but it seems like he's changed his mind. He'll be out of the country for the next three weeks so he wants to have the meeting beforehand." Miranda says.

I groaned inwardly and say,
"Um ok. I'll be free on Wednesday."

"That's great. Ok I'll inform him. And same time as the last meeting." Miranda says and adds a bye before she cuts the call.

I say bye back.

I lean back on my bed, grab a pillow and scream inside.

Just when I thought I had a little more time to myself before I signed my death warrant.

Ugh.

Well I guess if I'm handing my death warrant I should do it fast and get it over with, huh?

I climb out of bed and head downstairs.

Today everyone was home. Mom was now scouring the whole town to find a solution, Marcus was trying to manage the company, Jimena was just tired from college and not being to move around as much and Theo was just watching cartoons all day, which was probably bad but anyways I was doing worse so yeah.

I went to the kitchen and grabbed a drink and a snack.

When I was coming back up the stairs I decided to check on Marc it's been a while since I've seen that curly haired man.

I knock on his door and wait for a come in.

I don't want a repeat of last time.
Eek! I cringe.

"Come in." I hear.

He has a large spacious room just like mine and Jimena's but his is a little more spacious.

He has a book shelf drilled into his light blue and white walls and on the shelf he has more collectables than books and a few awards not those boring school awards he has gaming influencer of the year award and things like that. He is or used to be one of those popular gamers.

He has blue velvety bedding
When I enter his room I see he's at his desk typing away. Once I enter he spins his chair around and faces me.

His curly hair shoulder length curly hair in a ponytail with some strands framing his face.  His light brown eyes staring at me. In a vest and basketball shorts.

"Elf." He says addressing me.

"Curly haired monster." I replied back and sat on the edge of his bed.

"Ok, touche my weird elf."He says. I roll my eyes at that annoying nickname.