Chapter 3.5

*𝑹𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒑* 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 3...2..1 .
"𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐏𝐀𝐋'𝐒 𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐄, 𝐍𝐎𝐖!!" 𝐌𝐲 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝."𝐘𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐚'𝐚𝐦", 𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝.
𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞.

Karla's pov

Guess what?

Ya girl didn't get detention.
Wohoo!! Yass!!!

I did a victory dance.

In my head tho, since, I was in the hallway and if I did it wouldn't be long before they start saying "Omgee, that brown skin girl with weird eyes is dancing like a hyena in the hallway."

Ok maybe I'm exaggerating.

Principal Duncan, is a nice woman with a welcoming and warm side but she can be serious and strict when she wants to and has a no bullying tolerance.

She kind of let me off the hook because Natalie is known to cause trouble with students and I have a clean record in my old school and for the past three months I've been here.

However, she'll still be calling my parents just to inform them.

Not that I haven't gotten into detention before though because the first time I ever got actual detention was in grade 5 when I yelled at a kid and called him annoying and stupid  for bothering me when I was in Math class.

Like, I'm trying to pay attention.

Instead of getting lost in the wonderful world of numbers and 'x's.

And the last time I got into detention it was when Jimena, Frida, Shawn and I. It was on Halloween night and we were dared to prank the Principal which we messed up big.

I walk to Math class and we're on Algebra.

Fortunately for me, my sister sits beside me at my right. Unfortunately for me, she was being really attentive to what the teacher was teaching whiles I was getting half of the information passing through one ear and to the other so I couldn't ask her for her notes.

Leaving me to jot down what I could understand or what I thought was important.

After the bell rang I rush out of class to go to the library but then I heard someone calling me,  "Karla,Wait!"
I turn around to see Jimena, she was running towards me and looking a tad bit annoyed.

"Were you running away from me?" She asks.
"Wait?What? No, I wasn't!" I say.

"Okayyy" she says narrowing her eyes at me but continues and says,
"well you know how we haven't been spending much time together in school, especially", she said and I nodded.

"Well I thought it would be great to hang out especially since we are starting to be two completely different people. So I thought of  something we could both do together and i signed us up for the Track Team!" She said.

Wait what??!!

"Oh, wow track team" I said suprised.

"Wait? Why aren't you happy?
I thought you would want to.
Ya know, It would be like old times." She says and adds,
"Just a little more competitive."

We used to do this thing where Dad, Jimena and I would go for runs.

We'd run up the block and back, when dad was free no more work no schedule after school. It began as just a game and soon every Saturday we did that right before breakfast though. Good memories.

"Yeah! Yeah I'm happy I just ....", I looked up at her face which was looking at me quizzically. "Um it's nothing just something, um, something stupid." I said.