Chapter 21

Karla's pov

After the "I do" part we left for the reception.

If i thought the church was 'extra'.
Then the reception was no joke it was held at What are you up America of ice to calculate all my Yes one of the best and expensive hotels in Seattle,
Hotel Diaz.

The decorations here were beautiful.
There were more flowers, balloons in lavender and white. The table cloths were white with teensy dainty purple flowers all over and on each table were lavender roses in a beautiful white vase (both from Richards&Co).

The first thing we did was sign the business contract then the wedding certificate.

After doing that, I spaced out, like I was having an outer body experience while strangers came up to us congratulating Aiden and I.

And surprisingly, He actually smiled and accepted their wishes. Making me almost believe him, if I hadn't known the whole story.

"How, how does your smile look so genuine?" I said out loud once people stopped coming to our table.

"Lots of years for practice." He said.

We didn't talk after that and thankfully, no one said  did anything to dampen my mood.

And I actually felt great, everyone was happy and I felt that, maybe, if,
the circumstances were different I'd probably be a happier bride.

I feel light headed, I need a breather.

I get out of my seat successfully since no one asked me where I was going.

And walked to the bathroom.

I didn't do much in there, only washed my hands but I ended up staring at myself  thinking about how I got here until I couldn't take it anymore and walked out.

I was walking back to the reception area when one of the groomsmen, the blonde haired one, Aiden's brother approached me.

His name's Alex, I think. He's also the only one i haven't met properly.

He walks over to me I just smile and say hi.

He says hi and continues with, "You know it's sad when you like someone only to see them marry your brother."

"Um, pardon?" I said completely baffled.

"Oh now princess you don't remember me? Or is it the contacts your wearing?" He asked walking a little closer, leaning in.

I looked at him fixated on his
facial features until it clicked.

"Xander?" I said shocked.

Wait, Xander?

"Hmm, so you remember now." He said smirking leaning in a little closer making me back away into the wall.

How could I be so stupid he's literally
Alexander!

"What are you doing here?" I ask him. He opens his mouth to speak but I interrupt him and say, "No. Don't answer. Why are you here... with me? Also, why are you leaning in to me like that?"

I put my hands on his chest and push him away, well, try, to push him away.

He laughs at my efforts and steps
away from me.

"Your still adorable, huh?" Xander said.

"And your still annoying." I said narrowing my eyes at him.

"I see somethings haven't changed." He said with a soft smile on his face.

Then there was a comfortable silence. It was maybe, too comfortable, that it was awkward.

I mean why was I acting so friendly like I forgot what he did and now he says he like me?