Chapter 20 (we want peace)

*Recap*
Jimena shook her head at this and decided she had to tell him from the starting, "Apparently, it started with the house phone......"

(Second week of May)

Thursday, 3 days before the wedding.

*Third person*

Lilian had pulled Karla over to the kitchen and said with concern and worry,

"Karla sweetie, you don't have to dothis okay? If your not feeling up for this. I'll kick them out . Okay?"

And she nodded.

Karla had an anxiety attack the week before and it was bad.

All of her overworking and anxiety started taking a toll on her, opening a way into depression.

She couldn't believe two months ago her mom was not speaking to her, not a single word.

Her Mama had been trying to stop the wedding from happening (as she should) and she said we had an upper hand because all we did was talk, since I didn't sign anything.

There was hope until the hospital Kayla was about to have her surgery at called to say, somehow, Kayla was taken off the waiting list, one which she had been on for and Mom
tried to put her on but she
taken off a .

And not an hour later, we got a call from no other than, the man who is trying to ruin our lives saying it was all his doing.

The nerve.

He said unless we agree to his proposition Ximena will not be getting her surgery.

Mama was pissed.

After that we started looking for hospitals outside Seattle and as soon as we had an opportunity it was taken away.

The closest (meaning in the country) was far out of the country.

Then, the last week of April came and her Mom changed.

It was like a switch went off.

She said she was going to let me get married but I know she didn't want that.

She started to talk to her again but it wasn't the same.

Karla wanted to say a lot.
She wanted to let her feelings out but she didn't know who to talk to.

She would call up her doctor but it wouldn't be the same, talking to her doctor was like a diary but her mom was her mom.

Maybe she was being a big baby but she missed her Mama and the fun they had, calling out the bull in movies, their talks, their laughs, just everything.

Ximena and Marcus have been
cheering her up though, both had been the best older siblings she could ask for.

At least, Marcus' reaction was better than Mom and Ximenas .

He was disappointed that she did
that, especially behind everyone's back but he said if she ever need to run away he'll always be there for her and it did not seem like a joke at all.

Although, they were cheering her up she wasn't cheering herself up.

It wasn't only her mom's switch which went off.

Karla was falling into her depression and throwing herself into her school work and was not in control of her anxiety.

She started slowly, her mind rejecting things little by little.

First, she started letting thoughts in, slowly stopped eating snacks, she became more quiet.

Then, she was not being kind
to herself, she was not  following her routines even though she never really followed them, she still has a way of doing her stuff which she wasn't doing.