Chapter 19 (save ukraine)

*Recap*
We? You girls, you two are not doing anything. I am going to call the man and clean up this mess." Lilian said looking at Karla and continuing with, "Now out. I have a call to make."

Karla's pov

*Thursday afternoon*

"Ok, you brought me freshly baked cupcakes with smiley faces on them which mind you, I baked. At work.
And your saying there's no catch?"I asked Ximena quizzically raising my left eye brow.

We're sitting at a booth in the library.

"Wait you made these?" She said looking down at the cupcakes.

I fold my arms and give her an 'Are you serious?!!!' look.

I pick up a cupcakes and say,
"Gurl, who draws a smiling face so long it starts from one eye and ends at the other?" pointing at the smile and put the cupcake back in the plastic container.

Sorry cupcake.

"Oh." She said.

"So why are you here? Cos I'm sure you've read all the books in thriller and we don't have new reads until the next 2and a half weeks. Unless you'll read romance, we have new ones." I said.

"Yep. I'm definitely going to order books online but enough with the sales talk. I'm here for a reason." Jimena admits.

"So, what do you want?" I asked her now squinting at her and still folding my arms. Then I remembered what she started bugging me about on Tuesday and Wednesday and said," If you are here to ask me what his name is, for the 28th time. I am not spilling."

"B-but why not?! Your not going to marry him anymore!" She said. Yes, she's a sore loser.

"I'm not marrying him but he needs his privacy and I don't need you stalking his socials to find out that his Aunt's favorite show has been cancelled.
Like girl, go signup for the FBI or some. Why can't you be normal and ask me maybe questions on your love life or some?" I said shaking my head.

I am not about to unleash chaos. Nope. Not today.

Jimena rolled her eyes and said,
"Gurl, I think it's the other way around. Your love life has not even seen the light of day. Anyways,you know Mama's angry at you, right?"

I ignored her comment and said, "Yes I know she's angry at me. You both were. *Sad sigh* Mama hasn't said a word to me, just gives me that unimpressed look. And that's why I baked the cupcakes!"

"Ok, so let's say a certain someone *gesturing to herself* puts in a good word for you, so that maybe, she'll change her mind and decide to talk to you."

She said and continued,

"buuuut, you have to give that certain someone the name of a person. What do you say?"

"I sayyy, mmmm, No." I said.

"But,but... *Glares* Gurl, you meannnn. I'm out! And yes I'll check out the romance section." She says wheeling out but she turns back and grabs the cupcakes and says, "And I'm taking the cupcakes!"

Then she wheels out.

How dramatic could a twin be?

I shook my head and got back to work.

*Third person*

After that little conversation.

Jimena went back home.
Definitely, not sulking with defeat. No she had a plan.
As always.

Some people would wonder why is she even bothering to find the name of a man who was almost arranged for her to marry.

Well, first of all, she wanted to know which fool was her father's nemesis. She couldn't fathom who would hate a person so much they plan to be part of the family tree.

And secondly, she was just a curious Kat. She wanted to know who this person was.

The questions had been racking her brain all throughout Sunday night. And now she wanted to put a name and face on this ghost .

Her options were very limited because, one, her mother was P-I-S-S-E-D and didn't want to mention that name or have anyone mention it. It was like a bad omen.

Her twin/baby sister, was not spilling because she was keeping his 'privacy' but she knows that's not all. The poor girl was wallowing in guilt.

Ms. Rachel, well she wasn't up to spill. She never told anyone's secrets only unless she actually thought you'd be in grave danger.

And Nico, well the boy was learning his 4 times table but that's far from the point.

The point is the only person left was Marcus. And he probably didn't know what was going on. He went to visit his guy friends that week and came back to meet very tensed air.

So Kayla thought she had the upper hand.

"Hey, can I come in." She said already wheeling herself in Marcus' room.

"You'll never knock will you?" Marcus said looking at the
Tv screen, playing Minecraft.

"Nope." She said and added, " can I ask you something?"

"What do you want to know?" He asks.

So she layed it out flat," What's the name of the dude who is going to marry Karla?"

"Wait what?" Marcus says pausing the game and turning around on his chair.

"Can you repeat what you said? *Laughs* I thought I heard you say, can you tell me the name of Dude who is ......" He says and at the look on her face his eyes widen with realization.

He jumped out of his chair as if she told him she'll sell his Play station for 25 cents.

"What? H-how did you know?"

"I have my ways." She said a smirk playing at her lips gl mysterious.

"I'm serious Kayla. How did you
find out?" Marcus said and he was very serious. He didn't think they would ever have this talk. What happened at the office that day was thrown far back and he didn't want any remembering.

"I found out on Sunday. Mom and Karla were arguing about it." I said.

"They were arguing about it? Karla knows? Jimena, what do you mean?" Marcus asked officially blind in confusion.

Jimena shook her head at this and decided she had to tell him from the starting, "Apparently, it started with the house phone......"