Christmas and afterwards

"Sean, why is my name, date of birth and our first conversation all over the walls?" I asked looking at him; my arms crossed.

"You came here to say good-bye, why don't you want me to stay?" He replied. "I want you to love me."

"Sean you marked Cathy she loves you and you love her. Or am I getting this completely wrong."

"Soon Clarista you will be mine. I've just sent Cathy off for the death sentence. You're my mate. I just need to mark what is rightfully mine." He pushed my hair to my right shoulder and bared his canines.

"No! You will not mark me Sean. I do not belong to you." I stated. "I belong to nobody." I pushed him away. "Good-bye Sean."

I walked out of his room and took one final glance at the girls whom were now with their mates. I sighed heavily. "Um... Could you make sure Sean leaves?"

"Yeah, sure but who are you?" A girl with bobbed pink hair piped up. "You look like the girl Sean has been obsessing over."

"Yeah that would be me. How long has he been like this?"

"Since Cathy left, he hasn't been the same. He was nice but now, now he's just insane." The girl said smiling; she waved at me as I walked out the door.

When I left I ran swiftly back to my room. I lay on my bed looking through my emails and looking at random stories on Wattpad. After a great deal of eating chocolate and browsing on my computer, I fell asleep.

I woke up feeling bloated and the feeling of becoming eighteen had long gone but my heat would follow soon. If I don't find and mate with my mate before that time, I'll die. And personally I don't want to die. So I will search the length and breathe of the campus for him.

I felt refreshed after having shower. It was Christmas Day and I was determined to make things ok with Mark, he was my mate and all. But he would never be in my good books

The corridor was crowded with super naturals. "Clarista!" I spun on my heel to see Acantha pushing through the crowd towards me.

"It's Christmas!" Acantha announced, thrusting a brightly wrapped gift into my hands. The sound of a bell tolling rang through the building. "Dinner!" I said ecstatically.

The dinner table was laden the most delicious-looking food ever. Piping hot turkeys, hams, chickens made my mouth water. Vegetables decorated the table-cloth and sprigs of holly hung from the walls. "It's beautiful!" I murmured, taking my place at the table and reaching for the nearest turkey.

"Hi!" Osuin settled down into the chair beside me. "Hey," I answered. "Here, I got you something," he shyly gave me a small present. "Thanks!" I replied, tearing open the paper.

A charm necklace sat on a bed of velvet; two charms on it were a tiny silver wolf and a leg of chicken. I laughed. "Thanks!" I said. "Xavier and I both got it for ya," he smiled, moving off down the table. I slipped the bracelet on and stuffed my face. I really need to polish my table manners.

The meal was delicious, mashed potatoes, ham, turkey, chicken sprinkled with gravy and after that a big helping of warm chocolate fudge cake. Just then Mark came into view. "Hey Clarista, I got you this." He handed me a package. I opened it and laughed. It had a paper small mache wolf inside painted daintily, exactly like my own wolf. He smiled hopefully at me. His gift was thoughtful and kind but I could never forgive him for calling me a liar.

I shook that thought from my mind and hugged him. "Merry Christmas!" I said offering him the seat across me. Nothing was going to ruin today.

"How's it going?" Damien had slunk into the dining room and was sitting in the chair beside Osuin. He passed a present down the table to Acantha. "It's not dynamite, open it Acantha!" he urged. She did so with cautious fingers and lifted the lid of the box. A heavy looking sphere on a chain fell out. "What's this?" she asked sceptically, holding it up to the light. "It's a Magic-Holder," he explained. "It holds your magic for when you need it as a back-up. It sort of...controls it as well."

Acantha wrinkled her nose at the last comment, then broke into a grin and slipped the necklace over her head. "Thank you Damien," she called earnestly down to him.

"Hey!" I aimed a loosely wrapped present at my brother's head. He caught it just before it hit his dinner, his face brightening at the sight of the gift "Thanks sis," he said. "Whatcha get me?" He ripped it open.

"Whoa!" I listened to him exclaim in delight. "This can only be ordered in especially from Japan!" he waved the bottle of hair gel over his head. "How did you-"

I tapped my nose. "Some things are to be kept a secret big brother," I said, rising from the table and climbing the stairs to my bedroom.

I fell into bed. The stars twinkled brightly in the sky, blurring as my eyes closed. This was the best Christmas ever.

-* Acantha's P.O.V *-

Six days passed unusually quickly and now it was New Year's Eve and it was a nice warm day. Clarista had retreated to her bedroom for the past few days and I knew better than to disturb her and with Belladonna gone, I found myself without company and very lonely. Damien popped by every few days for a chat, but never stayed long and Osuin seemed to be forever with his new found friend Felix, with whom he got on very well with. I took then to lying on my bed and shooting sparks up at the targets I had placed on the ceiling. I was aiming at a particularly small one when a loud knock at the door startled me into burning a large hole in the window.

"Yeah?" I swung open the door, distracted. "Hole in the bloody window," I mumbled. "That'll take for ages to fix,"

"Will it?"

I spun to face the newcomer. Aaron Brown, Xavier's sorcerer room-mate leant against the door-frame. I blushed ruby red. "Sorry," I apologised.

"Accident. Come on in,"

A wave of my hand sent the clothes that littered the floor flying into the air, most getting caught on the light, the rest rushing under my bed. I sent a blast of air to clear the rest of the room. "I'm not gonna stay long," Aaron settled down on the nearest chair. "I just wanted to wish you a Happy New Year," I felt touched by the gesture. "Thanks. You, you too,"

Aaron smiled and rose from the chair and in two swift steps was beside me. "Happy New Year, Acantha Morde," he whispered in my ear, his hand fumbling in his pocket for something I couldn't see. My mind flashed a warning as the handkerchief swooped in front of me. My mouth opened to scream, but he clapped it over my mouth before I could. "What the-?"

Darkness swirled as I fell down, down, down until Aaron stared down at me from the top of the world as I lay, helpless and lonely at the bottom of the bear-pit.

He smiled at me viciously. "We're gonna have so much fun together." He said and then I felt weightless. I felt as if I was nothing, nobody.

#Danica's P.O.V#

I was just walking to my room like a normal person. Well like a fairy would. I heard a stifled scream come from Acantha's dorm.

I slunk back into the wall when I saw the door handle rattle. I made sure my breaths came out silent and shallow so they wouldn't hear me. I willed myself to look over. Acantha was lying motionless over some dudes shoulder. I followed my instincts and ran up behind him, locked my fingers together and whacked him hard in the back of the head. I knocked him out. They both lay there unconscious.

I called Felix. After three rings he picked up. "Hi Dani, what's up?"

"Someone has hurt Acantha I need you to help me bring her up and bring your first aid kit." I was close to tears. This could be my chance to gain Acantha back as a friend.

A/N

Sorry it's a bit late I was in hospital over the week.

Thanks for reading it means alot!

I still have no comments about the new title! The person who gives my the title that wins will get three chapters dedicated to you!

Please Cote and if haven't fanned. Do it!