I'm Sorry Mate

Chapter 1-Getting Settled

I ran and ran my feet hurt but if I stopped now I would be dead. I ran into the forest and found a tall tree. I looked around for hunters, when I saw none I climbed the tree. I sat there and cried. My family, my fellow pack members are dead. They're gone. I sat there crying until I heard faint voices. They're here to get me. I jumped from the branch and ran. But the foot steps behind me disappeared and were replaced by screams of agony. I turned around and screamed. A wolf was tearing them apart.

 "Stop! Stop! Please stop!" I screamed at the large pure black wolf. He just growled and continued to kill them. Even though they killed everyone I knew and loved I couldn't let the wolf to kill them. That's my job.

The black wolf marched over to a tree and a few moments later a middle aged guy walked out. The expression on his face was far from welcoming. "Who are you and what Pack are you from?" he questioned.

"My name is Clarista Hawthorne and I was from The Blue Moon pack." I answered.

"Why did you say that you were from The Blue Moon pack has something happened?" He pressed on.

"I'm the only one left the hunters came and burned the pack house. They attacked and killed  basically all of my pack mates." I responded.

"Do you wish to know whose territory you are now on?" He probed.

"Yes I would like to know. And I want to say sorry I just wanted to be rid of the hunters. Thank you for killing them. But really I didn't need help." I replied.

"If you were actually making an effort to fight I would have left you alone" He said. "And what age are you?" He randomly asked.

"I'm seventeen nearly eighteen. Why is this information so needed" I said making a face at him.

"You're near your heat you'll have to stay with our pack. I'm Alpha Norton of the Fire Star pack. When you find your mate you may do as you wish. I shall be your guardian." He said "Come with me." He walked away and I followed him.

As I walked into the house I held my head high but deep down I wanted to break down and cry. I'm proud of who I am. The other people just stared at me like I was an alien. I kept following the Alpha. He brought me into his office.

"Clarista, I am going to ask you to tell me what you remember of your pack." He asked looking at me with concern.

"Um... Well as you know it was the Blue Moon pack. My mother and father were Luna and Alpha. There were only thirty seven people in our pack. Three of which were human. Mates should I say. We had two dogs an Alsatian and Labrador. The hunters killed them all. I miss them." I said tears threatening to spill I blinked furiously. I was not going to look like a baby in front of an Alpha.

"Well... Clarista it looks as I you will be staying with us for a while. I am sure the girls will take you under their wing. And I must ask for your date of birth? Just the day and month." He asked with a kind smile.

"Twenty fourth of December." I said and returned the smile.

"Well then let's introduce you to the pack." He said pursing his lips.

I have never in my life been this nervous. "Um... Okay" I said smiling sheepishly at him. I looked at him press the intercom and say a few words. He smiled at me and motioned me to follow, I did.

"Everybody hush I have an announcement" Norton said in the microphone at the top of the hall "Clarista, please come up here" He asked smiling. I came up and stood beside him giving a small wave and a small smile. "Sadly her pack was attacked by hunters and she was the only survivor. She will be staying with us until she finds her mate after her heat in two weeks. Before you all leave I must add if there are rouges roaming around do not kill them they could be fleeing survivors"