Lunatic

"Mom. Where's daddy?" Jason asks as Cassidy tucks him in.

"Daddy had to go on a little trip but he'll be back soon." Cassie says, taking a seat on the bed next to him.

"You're lying."

"No I-"

"All the kids at school say my dad killed people. Is that true? Did daddy-"

"Buddy," Cassie says, taking his hand. "Your dad, did not kill anyone, okay? Don't listen to what they say."

"Than where's daddy?"

"Right now he's hiding because he and the police aren't friends right now."

"But daddy didn't kill anyone."

"Daddy didn't kill anyone."

"Good." Jason smiles.

Cassidy smiles too and leans down, kissing his forhead.

"Night bud. Love you."

"Love you too."

...

"I just want this whole thing to blow over!" Cassie groans from her place behind the desk.

Melissa smiles over at her.

"What happened now?"

"The little devils at school are telling my son that his dad is a murderer. First of all, who tells their five year olds what's going on in the world- like a murderer on the loose. Second of all, who the hell would expose their kids to that kind of violence. It's infuriating!"

"It'll be over soon." Melissa assures.

"I hope."

"It will. But I gotta go. I'm going to take a nap than be right back here."

"Have fun with that nap."

"I will."

...

Cassidy is filling out paperwork when a shadow comes over the paper. She looks up and sees the last person she'd ever want to.

"Hello Cassidy." The women says with a smirk on her face.

"Bitch- I mean Kate." Cassidy says, smiling fakely.

The smile falls from the older women's face.

"How's Derek?" Kate's asks the lighter blonde. "I hear running from the police is pretty tough."

"Are you speaking from experience?"

Again, the lighter blonde says something better.

"No. I'm just speaking from what I've heard. I've also heard that you have an adorable little boy with green eyes. Now, I know of one guy who has green eyes."

Kate smiles at Cassidy's silence.

"You two had a little wolf, didn't you. Chris said there was a kid with the two of you but you just confirmed my suspicions. I would hate for something to happen to that little -"

"Nothing is going to happen." Cassidy whispers menacingly. "Because if you so much as think another thought about my son." Cassidy leans forward. "Werewolves will be the least of your problem." She than goes back up and smiles. "Have a terrible day."

She than leaves the desk and Kate.

...

Derek runs and runs, tracking Scott's scent. He finds it and it leads to the parking lot of a sporting goods store.

He spotted Scott on the roof of a car and it appeared that Allison and Jackson were in that same car. Before Scott- now fully shifted- could do anything, Derek ran to him and tackled him to the ground. He than dragged the Beta to the woods.

Scott threw punches at Derek which Derek easily blocked. A shifted Derek brought him into a headlock and yelled,

"Scott! Scott!" Trying to get his attention.

Not working, Derek cuts to his last resort. He threw Scott down and pinned him to the ground. He than brought his animalistic face to Scott's and roared.

Scott looks up at Derek, shock written on his face. Derek let him go and Scott scrambled away.

Derek unshifted and Scott soon followed. The teen looks at his clawed hand in disbelief.

"What's happening to me?" Scott asks, short of breath.

"Exactly what he wants." Derek answers.

..

A/N

Sorry it's been awhile.