Fireflies

After the events at the vault and Derek finding a dead Erika, the two wolves set off into the woods. They split up and chased after the rabid wolves.

"You lost them," Derek says to Scott through the phone.

"Ya, I kind of had to. " Scott say responds.

"Wasn't exactly the plan." Derek skeptically says.

"I know. Which is why we should stick together. Trust me. He's too strong, too fast, and-and way too angry for one person to handle. We've gotta do this together."

"Look, I'm at the trail by the entrance of the preserve. Meet me here."

"Ya, just gotta drop something off first."

Derek than hangs up only to dial Cassidy's number.

"Derek." Cassie immediately says into the phone.

"I'm fine, I'm fine." He assures. "I'm calling to let you know that."

Cassie sighs in relief on the other end. "Are you?" She asks.

"You mean Cora." Derek states. "Ya. I'm- it's shocking. It was like, seeing a ghost only instead of an eleven year-old, I saw a seventeen year old."

Cassie smiles, although Derek can't see it. "I can't wait to see her again."

"Don't get your hopes-"

"Derek, you are getting them back. Both her and Boyd. And I'm sorry about Erika."

"Me too." Derek says quietly. "I gotta go. I love you Cassidy."

"I love you too Derek Hale. Now be safe."

"Always."

...

Scott and Derek run, tracking the wolves. Derek soon stops, catching their trail

"Is it them?" Scott asks.

"We're not the only ones that decided to stick together." Derek states.

"Is that gonna make it easier or harder to catch them?"

"I don't know."

"Derek...I saw Boyd try to rip two little kids apart. Are they gonna do that to everyone they find?"

Derek pauses than answers with, "Everyone and anyone."

...

Derek called Isaac to see if he was well enough to help. The teen came and is now helping them track Boyd and Cora.

They track them down and Cora throws Isaac into a tree. Scott jumps over Isaac and attacks Cora. She lands on the ground. The two boys growl as she growls back.

Derek shows himself and growls. Cora takes off Isaac and Derek following. Only, they lose her.

They gather by a tree to talk strategies and Scott gets a call from Stiles.

Conversation short: Lydia found a dead body.

"That doesn't make any sense." Derek argues. "The public pool is all the way on the other side of the woods. We haven't tracked them anywhere near them."

"Derek, they killed someone." Scott says.

"How are they moving so fast?" Derek asks.

"Derek-"

"They can't be that fast on foot."

"They killed someone. Some totally, innocent kid, is dead, and it's our fault."