Visionary

Flashback|Present

Fifteen year old Derek runs through the woods. He dodges branches and debris. He trips. Rolling down a hill to have an emitter right in his face. It sounds, causing Derek to grasp his ears.

He rises to his feet and takes off. Not too far, another emitter sounds and he runs once more. He runs into someone else and turns, ready to attack if needed.

"You're a Hale, aren't you?" The person asks.

Derek's faces shows confusion and the other boy is hit with an arrow in the neck. Derek sees a hunter with a crossbow aimed at him. He stands from his defensive position and his eyes widen.

An arrow comes flying for his heart when another werewolf appears, catching it before impact. Derek looks to see his Uncle Peter whom grabs him and they take off.

They enter the root cellar and hide, not making a noise as the hunters are above them.

|

"They were there two days," Cora says from where she is, looking out the loft window.

After Boyd's death, Derek went MIA. He needed time alone.

Stiles is in the loft along with Cassidy and Jason. Cora recalls the time Derek and Peter hid from hunters.

"Waiting. Hiding. That's what we're taught to do when the hunters find us." She says. "Hide and heal."

"Okay. So is two days standard than or are we thinking Derek's on some extended getaway?" Stiles says as he paces around the loft.

"He just needs more time." Cassidy speaks up from her spot on the couch, Jason playing in front of the coffee table.

"Why do you care?" Cora asks Stiles.

"Why do I care?" Stiles repeats. "Let's see because over the last few weeks, my best friend has tried to kill himself. His boss almost got ritually sacrificed.

"A girl that I've known since I was three was ritual sacrificed. Boyd was killed by Alphas. I-want me to keep going? Cause I can, alright. For like an hour."

"You think Derek can do anything about that?" Cassidy asks.

"Well since he's the one everyone seems to be after, it's more like he should do something about it, ya." Stiles answers

"I don't know," Cora says. "There's something different about him now. He wasn't like this when I knew him."

"What was he like."

"A lot like Scott, actually." Peter Hale says as he walks down the stairs. "A lot like most teenagers. Barely romantic, profoundly narcissistic, tolerable really, to only teenagers."

"So what happened? What changed him?" Stiles asks.

"The same thing that causes a lot of young men to change: a girl."

"So Cassidy changed him?"

"No, this is when I was just his best friend." Cassidy says as she walks over to the desk where the others gathered.

"You guys weren't always together?" Stiles asks.

Cassidy raises an eyebrow. "You think Derek and I have been together since we met?"

"Well-"

"No." Peter says. "It was a different girl. Not his best friend."

"You're telling me some girl broke his little heart? That's why Derek is the way he is?"