Unleashed

Derek watches as the teacher closes the door and sighs against it. She than turns around and shrieks, seeing him. She reaches to her left and grabs a pointer, holding it out front as a weapon.

"What do you want?" She asks. "Are you gonna threaten me? Tell me that no one's gonna believe me. Try to scare me? Kill me?" She whispers lastly.

Derek hesitantly steps forward. "I was gonna see if you were okay." He tells her.

"Physically or emotionally." She questions. "Though I guess that presupposes I was emotionally okay before any of this and according to my therapist that's been debatable for a long time."

Derek smiles a little and walks closer. He takes the pointer from her and says, "I think you're gonna be okay."

"Obviously you've never taught high school. In twenty minutes, I have to start two dozen teenagers on the crucible and I honestly have no idea what I'm gonna say."

"Well." Derek starts. "Why don't you start by telling them it's an allegory for McCarthyism." (A\N: Derek is so hot when he's being smart!)

"Is that a subtle way for suggesting I don't say anything? Because I won't."

Derek looks down smirking to himself. He walks closer and hands the pointer back. The teacher grabs it and Derek walks towards the door.

"Who are you?" She asks.

"I'm Derek." He says.

He goes to leave but pauses when she responds,

"Jennifer."

He than leaves.

...

"Hello." Derek says into his phone.

"Hey, it's me." Cassie says from the other line. "I have today off. Can I come-"

"Yep." Derek cuts her off.

"You didn't even know what I was going to say."

"I can hear you from the other side of the door."

Cassidy looks down at her phone and yells, "Cheater!"

Chuckling, Derek gets up and opens the loft door. He than says into his phone,

"Would you like to come in?"

Cassidy purses her lips, lowering her phone. She than steps in, bumping Derek's shoulder on the way.

"So Jason saw Cora before I did." Cassie states as Derek closes the door.

"Well, he stayed the night at mine, so yea, they met."

"And?"

"And I always knew you two would end up together." A voice calls.

Cassidy looks towards the stairs and watches as Cora walks down.

"And you two had an adorable kid." She adds.

"I'm gonna hug you. Sorry if it's weird." Cassie warns right before she walks over and pulls the younger girl into a hug.

Cora returns it, a small smile on her face. Once Cassidy pulls away, she says,

"Our kid is a trouble maker."

"I know. He talked Derek into letting him have ice cream for breakfast."

"You what!?" Cassie explains turning to look at Derek.

"She's lying! I made eggs!" Derek defends.

Cassidy nods mockingly.

"He's right CJ. I'm kidding." Cora folds. "Derek did make eggs. Bad ones at that."