The Girl Who Knew Too Much

Cassidy rolls over in bed to find Derek's side vacant. She sits up and smells bacon. Smiling, she gets out of bed and walks down the stairs to see a happy sight.

Derek is cooking breakfast and Jason is doing homework at the table. It's a sight that Cassie hasn't seen in a while and is happy for it.

"Good morning." Cassie says, walking in and giving Jason a kiss on the head.

"Hey mom." Jason says, not looking up form his work.

Cassidy walks over to Derek and wraps her arms around him from behind.

"Morning." Derek says over his shoulder.

"You seem better." Cassie notes.

"I am." Derek honestly says. "Now sit. You need to eat."

Cassie pulls away and gives Derek a mock salute. After Cassidy sits, Derek soon gets everyone a plate and takes a seat himself. They eat in a comfortable silence until Cassie breaks it.

"Hey Jay." She starts. "Daddy and I have something to tell you."

Jason immediately looks up, fear on his face.

"You guys are breaking up."

"No. Buddy, we're not." Derek says, calming him down.

"Good." Jason states.

"We want to tell you that, you're going to be a big brother." Cassie tells him.

Jason's face lights up. "Really?!"

Derek nods, a small smile on his lips. "Yep. You're either going to have a little brother or a little sister."

"I hope it's a little sister. That way, I can protect her like you do Aunt Cora and mommy." Jason says.

Cassie smiles. "I hope it's a girl too."

...

"Sacrifices. Never saw that one coming." Cassidy says as she sits next to Melissa in the nurses station.

"What have you seen?" Melissa questions.

"You don't want to know... But, Derek knows the news."

Melissa's face lights up. "You told him."

"Not necessarily but he knows now. And we told Jason this morning."

"How did he take it?"

"He wants a little sister."

"I'm really happy for you."

"Thank you."

...

Derek awaits for Jason to get out of school along with the other parents. He ignores the stares and questionable gazes. Soon enough, the kids are let out and Jason runs over to him.

"I thought mommy was picking me up." Jason says as he hugs Derek.

"She's working. I'm brining you to pizza."

"Really." Jason asks, jumping up and down.

"Really." Derek nods.

...

"We've got a teenage girl that collapsed." A voice says, rushing down the hall of the hospital.

Cassidy looks up to see and EMT, Sheriff Stilinski, and Stiles along with Cora whose in a gurney. Cassie immediately rushes to the girls side.

"Cora." Cassie says, attempting to shine a light in the teens eyes. "Cora."

She doesn't respond and Cassidy looks to the EMT.

"Get her in a room and have Dr. Monroe look at her." She orders.

The EMT nods and does as told. Cassie turns to Stiles.

"What the hell happened?"

"She fought Aidan and hit her head. She was fine but when I brought her to my house, she collapsed." Stiles explains.

"Was she healing?"

"Ya, it healed. Than I asked her to shift to show my dad and she fainted."

"Okay. Thank you." Cassie finishes than goes to call Derek.

...

"You're six. How can you eat three pieces of pizza." Derek asks incredulously as his son does just that.

Jason shrugs. "I'm growing."

Derek shakes his head.

"Did you know that they're making a new cartoon with Batman and Superman. They're going to be like, co-heroes." Jason explains.

"I did not know that." Derek laughs.

Suddenly, his phone rings and Derek looks to see Cassidy.

"Hey Babe." Derek says.

"Der, you have to get to the hospital."

"Why? What is it?"

"Cora."

...

Derek sits in a chair on Cora's bedside. Her head is wrapped in bandages and she's asleep. Derek's holding her hand in both of his, worry written on his face.

Jason is seated in a chair behind Derek, playing on Derek's phone.

"Derek?" Cora asks, her eyes opening.

Derek looks to see her a awake and stands, leaning over her.

"Hey." He says. "Hey, I'm here."

"What's happening to me?" Cora asks.

Derek shakes his head. "I don't know. But I'm not leaving, okay? Not again."

Derek leans in and kisses her forehead.

...

"Hey." Cassie says, walking in with coffee and juice in hand. "I'm on my break so I figured you could use some coffee."

Derek smiles gratefully and accepts it. Cassie sits in the chair next to Jason and puts her arm around him.

"How are you holding up Bud?" She asks, handing him a juice.

"I just want Aunty Cora to be okay."

Cassidy smiles.

Suddenly, Derek looks towards the door and Jason grabs his ears.

"What?" Cassie asks.

"You didn't hear that?" Jason asks.

"She can't." Derek says, looking at Jason. "Only you and I little man."

"Was it wolf thing?"

"Ya, it was a wolf thing." Derek smiles.

...

A/N

I know it's short. I didn't really know what to write. I wanted them to go back to their house cause they haven't been there in a while.

I also wanted a Derek-Jason bonding moment.

And I know it's been awhile. It probably will for the next one too cause I still have to write two more episodes and I'm procrastinating to the max. Sorry

Mak