Magic Bullet

Derek spots blood on the ground and touches it with his fingers.

'Alpha.' Derek thinks.

He looks around than spots the Alpha on the roof of a building. The Alpha growls than begin to flees. Derek charges, running towards it. He climbs up the side of a building and onto the roof.

The Alpha crosses roofs and Derek estimates where it's headed. He runs than jumps off the roof, aiming for the other one.

A shot gunshot is heard throughout the air and Derek is hit in his left arm. Pain ignites throughout his body and he falls onto a shorter roof than rolls off onto the ground, landing on is back.

"Ahh." Derek groans.

He catches his breath than begins to sit up only to fall, not being able to put weight on his left arm. He moves with his right hand so his back is against a wall.

"Ahh." Derek says as he begins to roll up his left sleeve.

Blood is coming out if the wound as well as blue smoke. Derek looks away from it, wondering what it is.

...

Cassidy wakes up in bed to find that she's alone. She sits up and notices that Derek's phone and jacket are both gone.

She quickly dresses and walks down the stairs to see no note form Derek. She takes out her cell and calls him. It immediately goes to voicemail.

She leaves a message saying,

"It's me. Where the hell are you? Call me."

Sighing, she goes to get Jason ready for school.

...

Derek walks the halls of Beacon Hills High slowly, avoiding contact with teenagers. A kid bumps into him and he inhales sharply due to the pain.

The bell rings and the hall quickly becomes deserted. Derek looks up and sees a boy by his locker. Derek approaches him and asks,

"Where's Scott McCall?"

The boy closed the locker than asks,

"Why should I tell you?"

"Because I asked politely. And I only do that once."

"Okay tough guy." The teen says. "How 'bout I tell you where he is if you tell me what you're selling him. What is it?" The teen leans in. "Dynabol? HGH?"

"Steroids." Derek scoffs, not believing the kid is for real.

Derek makes a move to leave but the boy stops him.

"No, Girl Scout cookies. What the hell did you think I was talking about. Oh and a, by the way, what ever it is you're selling him, I'd probably stop sampling your merchandise. You look recked."

Derek feels blood fall down his left arm and onto the floor. He looks down at it a little than back to the teen.

"I'll find him myself." Derek says, beginning to leave again.

"No, we're not done here." The teen grabs his shoulder.

Derek turns and in one swift movement, the teen is pinned against a locker with Derek's claws in his neck.

Derek quickly removes them than flees down the hallway. He leans against a small corner and rolls his neck. He than begins to listen to the noises around the school to find Scott.

Minutes later, the bell rings and Derek groans, covering his hears. He sighs and clenches his jaw than before making his way out of the school.

...