Frenemy

Derek rushes after the Kanima and following it's every move. It leads him under a bridge.

The Kanima lets out a hiss and a shifted Derek growls back. Derek charges at it, claws ready to slice. The Kanima dodges it and Derek kicks it in the chest. He than does a backflip off it and lands on all fours.

Derek growls and throws a punch only for the Kanima to block it, resulting in Derek punching the concrete wall- shattering it.

The Kanima charged at Derek in which Derek picked up a piece of metal in defense. The two growled in the others face. Before another move could be made, screeching is heard followed by gunshots.

Derek climbs a concrete beam and hides away. Gerard Argent stares at the creature in awe while Chris Argent empties and entire clip into it.

Hissing one more time, the Kanima flees, and Derek follows.

Derek- still shifted- follows it into what appears to be a gay club. Between the smoke and drinks, derek doesn't have to worry about shifting back.

He seesthe Kanima and approaches it right after it paralyzes two teens. Derek than slices the Kanimas throat with his claws before fleeing the scene.

...

Derek walks downstairs to see Cassidy washing dishes and Jason eating breakfast at the table.

"Morning." He says, going to kiss his son on the cheek only he turns away.

Derek furrows his eyebrows and moves to Cassidy, intending to do the same. Cassie moves away form the sink, just as Derek was about to kiss her.

Shaking his head, Derek grabs a mug and fills it with coffee than takes a seat on his usual spot.

"Hey little man." Derek says. "What did mommy make you for breakfast?"

Jason doesn't even look up form his eggs and bacon. Derek looks at Cassie for an explanation. Cassie just stares at him.

Seconds later, Jason turns to Cassie and says,

"Can I be done."

"Yep. Go brush your teeth than I'll bring you to school."

"Okay."

Jason than gets up and leaves the room.

"Why isn't he talking to me?" Derek asks Cassidy.

Cassidy just gives him a look.

"Don't give me the 'are you serious' look." Derek commands.

"Well are you? Or do you have werewolf amnesia?" Cassie asks, her tone almost yelling.

"Werewolf what?" Derek asks, even more confused.

"Where were you last night?"

"Why does-"

"Derek!"

"Got a lead on the Kanima. Thought it was Lydia Martin so I was going to kill her. It wasn't- it's Jackson Whittmore and I was out trying to kill him only I didn't. Is that what you wanted to hear?"

Cassie pushes off her the counter and walks over to Derek. Form there, she starts hitting him in frustration.

"What the hell!" Derek growls.

"I think you do have amnesia." She yells, stopping. "Because just yesterday morning, we were telling our son how we'd go have pizza for his birthday!"

Realization crosses Derek's face and he looks down.

"Oh."

"Ya, oh."

"I'm going to go say-"

"No, you're not going to say anything. Just leave him be for now."

"Cass I'm-"

"I just guess your family came in second yesterday. Your son came in second."

Ending on that, Cassidy gets Jason and brings him to school.

...

"What's with the look?" Melissa asks as Cassidy walks towards her.

"What look?"

"Your look."

"How do-" Cassidy shakes her head. "Okay. So, Derek forgot that we were going out last night for Jason's birthday."

"How do you forget-"

"Exactly." Cassie exclaims. "And now I have to go check on patients."

"Well, don't pretend they're Derek, you'll kill them."

"I know."

...

Cassidy walks into a room to see a tan teen in the bed.

"Hello Danny." Cassie says. "Looks like you'll be discharged in a few hours."

"Sweet." The teen says. "But I bet that won't get me my fake ID back."

Cassidy looks at the teen who smiles sheepishly.

"Crap. I shouldn't have said that."

"What am I going to do with that information?"

"True."

Cassidy smiles. "Alright, so, I'll be here in a few hours with the doctor when you're discharges. Till than, don't die of being board."

"I won't."

...

"Alright, now what's wrong with you?" Cassidy asks Melissa.

"Scott's failing two classes and if he fails one more, he's going to stay back."

"Wow. Want me to set him straight?"

"No. You have Derek to deal with."

"That is true."

...

A/N

This chapter sucked