Formality

"Isn't he beautiful?" Kate asks Allison.

Derek watches as Kate walks over to the table and turns a switch. He than feel bolts of electricity surge throughout his body. He screams in pain and feels himself shift from human to wolf.

"What are you doing?" Allison asks. "Isn't that going to kill him?"

"Oh come one kiddo, don't get all ethical on me now."

"What is he?"

"Shape shifters, Lycons, Werewolves. To me, he's just another dumb animal."

'Says the girl that chained me up.' Derek thinks to himself.

She walks up to Derek, who has a scowl on his face. She sticks her fingers into his mouth and lifts up his gums.

"Come here...You see these? They're called canines. Also known as fangs. Made for the tearing, ripping of the flesh. Not something you find on the cute eating herbivores are they?"

"This is a joke to you?"

"Sweetheart, there are werewolves running around in the world. Everything's a joke to me. How else do you think I stay sane?"

Derek silently snorts.

"So it was him at the high school? And for all the other attacks?"

"Well, there's actually three of them. Another younger one like him, called a beta. And than there's the Alpha. The Alpha's the pack leader. Bigger, stronger, nastier, those are the real ugly ones."

Kate looks at Allison's face and sighs.

"Come on. I'll explain," Kate says, lead on the teen out of the room.

They than walk away, leaving Derek alone to his thoughts. All he can think about is whether or not the hunters would go after Cassidy and Jason.

...

"Hello?" Cassie says answering her phone.

"Yes. Is this Cassidy Vasile?" And unfamiliar voice says.

"Yes, this is?"

"Deaton, at the animal clinic. Could you possibly come pick Scott McCall up?"

"Ya, I'll be there in 5."

Cassie hangs up and goes to get Jason.

...

"So, what happened?" Cassidy asks Deaton as Scott is sitting on the table.

Deaton looks to Jason and Cassie says, "He's fine."

"Scott. Wanna tell her."

"Peter wanted to have Derek kill Jackosn." 'That's why he said what he did.' Cassie thinks to herself. "I went there to stop him and the hunters showed. Jackson is fine, I got shot, and Derek-"

"Derek what?" Cassidy asks.

"The hunters have him."

Cassie nods, piecing together what to do.

"This is off topic but how do you know about all of this?" Cassie asks Deaton.

"Let's just say, I know a lot more."

"That's vague." Jason says.

Scott and Deaton look to Jason in shock, a six year old knowing that.

"He's too smart," Cassidy says. "Back on track. you need a ride home Scott?"

"Please?" The teen asks.

"Yep. Let's go. Thanks Deaton. And sorry about Derek's little... you know."