Second Chance First Line

Derek watches as the young Beta participates in lacrosse practice. Scott charges at the defensive player only to be knocked down. The coach goes over and shares some words of encouragement.

"My grandma can move faster than that and she's dead. Do you think you can move faster than the lifeless corpse of my dead grandmother." Derek hears the coach say.

'And I thought my basketball coach was bad.' Derek thinks.

"Yes Coach." Scott says.

"I can't hear you!"

"Yes Coach!"

"Than do it again."

The young Beta gets up, readying in position.

"McCall's gonna do it again. McCall's gonna do it again!" The Coach announces.

Derek watches as Scott charges at the defensive player again, this time knocking him down. The prayer grabs his shoulder, obviously injured.

Scott than grabs his head and is brought down to his knees.

'What an idiot.' Derek thinks.

The friend- Stiles- runs toward Scott and helps him up. From there, Stiles drags Scott into the locker room to help him calm down.

'This isn't going to be good.' Derek thinks before turning around and walking off into the woods.

...

Derek just finishes making dinner as Jason comes running down the stairs, Cassidy on his heels.

"She's gonna kill me!" Jason's yells, running to Derek.

"Woah." Derek says, picking Jason up.

"Give him to me. This doesn't concern you Derek." Cassie says.

Derek looks at Jason, a smile tugging on the five year olds face.

"What did you do Jay?" Derek asks him.

"Notthhinggg." The kid drags out.

"Nothing?" Cassie repeats. "You stole my keys Mister."

"You stole mommy's keys?" Derek asks Jason.

"Noooooo." Jason says, shaking his head.

"Yeeesss." Cassie says. "Check his pocket."

Derek looks to Jason, who doesn't meet his eyes. Derek sets him down and pats Jason's front pocket. He here's a jingle.

Jason's eyes widen and he goes to run but Derek picks him.

"Noooooo!" Jason's yells.

Derek holds him by his ankles, upside down.

"Mommy! Help!" Jason cries.

"Nope, you stole my keys. Now you gotta deal with daddy." Cassie says, taking a seat at the table.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'll give them back."

"Promise?" Derek asks.

"Cross my heart."

Derek and Cassie share a look and Derek than lets Jason down on his feet. Reaching into his pocket, the five year old pulls out his keys and hands them to Cassie.

"Sorry." He mumbles. "I just don't want you to go to work."

"It's okay." Cassie says, grabbing his hand. "I have the night off soon though. You, me, and daddy can go get pizza."

"Really?"

"Really!"

"Yay!"

Derek and Cassie share a look as Jason gets overexcited about pizza. Laughing, Derek talks to Cassie as he gets Jason's dinner.