Part 10

The ship passed through the cave's entrance, which was the skull's mouth. Rectangles resembling teeth lined high above them.

Zarina stood at the ship's bow and unsheathed her sword. "Ahoy! You biscuit eating bilge rats!" She pointed at the tree standing in the center.

"Prepare to dock starboard!" James shouted to his mates.

The pirates went about the ship to obey the command as Zarina extended her arms to her sides, tinkling.

"Captain says, raise the sails and step lively!" James said once more, his voice reverberating.

"Raise the sails? Heave!" The pirates pulled the ropes, rolling up the sails.

"Bring her around, Mr. Gang!"

"Bringing her around!" The muscular pirate started to turn the wheel, and Zarina went to run along it, sending it rapidly rotating. The ship slowly turned.

"Let go anchors! Get out all lines!" Zarina commanded, with James relaying everything to his mates.

The pirates dutifully tied the ropes to the dock's wooden railings and pushed down a wooden mini stairs. The fairies watched as they went across it and into the wooden, manmade dock where the tree resided.

"Captain says restock the ship. We set sail at dawn." James said.

"Yes, Captain. Restock the ship, right away."

The last pirate went off the ship, leaving only Zarina and James aboard.

The fairies watched as Zarina flew into a small door--- big enough for a fairy's size--- bringing the blue dust with her. James was left on the platform, doing something.

"Come on!" Tinkerbell whispered, and they all flew down towards the door. Tinkerbell grabbed the metal handle and grunted as she pulled, but it wouldn't open. "Locked!"

Vidia went to help open the door but Iridessa said urgently, looking over to the pirate's voices, "Someone's coming--- pirates!"

They gasped. "Hide!"

They immediately flew down behind a barrel, not entirely obscured but completely unnoticed, and watched as pirates went up the steps.

A squeaky shriek sounded behind them, and they gasped upon seeing quite a huge rat, under it a mere bone of an eaten apple. They froze as it gave another shriek, looking at them as if contemplating to attack or not.

"Animal Fairy, you're up." Fawn whispered, nudging Rosetta.

Rosetta carefully walked up to the rat. Her voice slightly shook in nervousness, "U-uh, excuse me, mouse. Uh, mr. mouse," she laughed nervously and gave a little gesture with her hands in an attempt to shoo away the filthy animal. "Would you mind terribly, uh, moving on? We need this space to do a little hidin'."

The rat squeaked before dashing away, bringing with him his apple.

"Oh, much obliged." Rosetta giggled, watching the rat go. "Buh-bye! Oh, what a cute little mouse."

Fawn touched her shoulder. "It was a rat."

Rosetta gaped at her. Realization sank in. "Ew..."

There was a voice of someone shooing a rat, and their attention was caught by James, who was carrying a tray. The rat squeaked as it went out of his way while he walked toward the larger door, where the smaller door also resided.

James knocked. "Permission to enter, captain."

A tinkling of confirmation sounded from inside, and he pulled the door open.