Part 6

The blue-dust safe opened with a mysterious sound. The room glowed blue as Zarina eyed the blue dust, the side of her lips slowly curving in a smile.

"Wake up! Wake up!" Clank blew his bugle, flicking his head around to see if someone had woken up. He was stationed in the middle of the stadium. "Please, anyone?"

"Clank, help us! Down here!" came Tinkerbell's far and muffled call. Clank swiftly flew down and parted the vines on the tree trunk.

"In here! Here in the box!"

"Oh! Oh, Miss Bell?" He searched around the wooden pumpkin as it shook with the struggling fairies inside.

"Help! We're stuck!"

"Right! How does it open?"

"Push the button!"

Clank had finally saw the button on the top and quickly thumped it with his fist. The portion where the button resonated abruptly flew open.

Tinkerbell and her friends took breaths of relief as they can now have fresh and open air. "Thank goodness!" They uttered their thanks as they went to fly out of the pumpkin to the stadium outside.

"You've got to see this." Clank worriedly pointed out.

As they all hovered in the middle of the stadium, they let their eyes take in the scene before them. They inhaled collective gasps.

"Oh my..." Rosetta uttered, looking at the slumbering fairies.

Clank reached for her shoulder and asked unsurely, "Are they...?"

"No, goodness, no," she answered.

Clank exhaled in relief, glad that they are not dead.

"They're in a deep sleep." Rosetta stated.

"For how long?" Fawn asked, her wide eyes mirrored Iridessa's.

"At least a couple of days," Rosseta wearily replied, gazing at the Queen, Lord Malori, Fairy Mary and the other Ministers who were also deeply asleep.

"Why would Zarina do this?" Vidia spoke slowly, not knowing the answer.

Tinkerbell turned to Clank. "Clank, did you see her?"

"No, no-" He denied, but then inhaled in sudden realization as he remembered something. "Yes, yes! I saw her flying towards the dust depot!"

----

"The blue pixie dust..." Silvermist muttered as they looked at the abandoned empty container.

"Oh, this is bad." Iridessa said, horror in her voice.

"Uh, yeah?" Vidia said in a tone that said it was obvious.

Iridessa turned around and slowly flew forward, and the fairies' gazes followed her as she contemplated, "Without it, the tree can't make pixie dust. And if the tree can't make pixie dust—" her voice rose as she turned to face them.

"We can't fly." Tinkerbell finished,  her voice close to a whisper.

"Oh, can't— can't fly— can't fly—" Iridessa panicked as she struggled to breathe, clutching her chest.

Vidia went over and  patted her back, holding her by the shoulder. "Deep breaths. Deeeeeep breaths."

"Okay," Iridessa's voice was high pitched as she took a deep breath.

"That's it, deeeeeep breaths." Vidia repeated and kept her voice soft and breathy as the panicking fairy inhaled audibly long and deep.

"What could she want it for?" Silvermist refered to Zarina.

"I don't know. But we have to find her." Tinkerbell raised her head in determination.

-----

They all flew out the depot but Tinkerbell turned back and instructed, "Clank, stay here and watch over everyone."

"I'm on it!"

"Especially the winter fairies," she started to fly forward. "Make sure they have a steady stream of snow!" She followed her friends.

"Right!" Clank shouted back, smiling. He looked down and repeated determinedly, "Right."

-------

"The blue dust has a strong glow, if we could just spot it," Iridessa said as the six of them raced through the forest. This part of Pixie Hollow was dark, the trees merely shadows, and their wings glowed a swift gold.

They paused as they saw a blue glow through the trees. "There!"

They immediately went in pursuit of it and sped up. They maneuvered through the trees as they kept their focus to the glow.

"Woah, she's moving fast!" Vidia exclaimed.

They halted as they almost collided with an owl as it squeaked, startled. It went to the side and they continued to fly in a hurry.

"Sorry!" Fawn shouted to the owl.

It became hard to see when the forest was covered with fog as they flew higher. They didn't slow the furious flutter of their wings, though.

"Where is all this fog coming from?" Rosetta complained.

"It's mist, we must be getting near the coast." Silvermist informed.

"We're losing her!" Tinkerbell said as the blue glow weaved swiftly ahead of them.

"Over there!" Fawn pointed, and they flew downwards to the seaside.

They were put in an abrupt stop as they gasped. "Oh, my."

They looked open-mouthed at the men paddling away in a boat, their wicked laughs echoing in the sea. The faint clang of bell sounded overhead. It came from a pirate ship, almost obscured by mist.

Iridessa struggled to breathe as she reached Tinkerbell's shoulder, barely able to throw her words out,"It's p—p...p—"

"Pirates..." Tinkerbell finally uttered.

"Great! Now, there's pirates." Vidia clasped her hands in a sarcastic anticipation.

"Maybe, they're nice pirates," Silvermist said softly and babyish-ly, her eyes sparkling.

Vidia looked at her. "Right."

"They must have captured her, forced her to take the dust." Tinkerbell said.

"Well, we have to rescue her!" Fawn said and was about to charge forward when Iridessa held Tinkerbell back frantically. She staggered again as she said through hysterical breaths, "B-but... they're...p-p-p—"

"Deep breaths!" Vidia instructed. "Deeeeeep-" she inhaled deep as if to demonstrate, "-breaths."

"Okay," Iridessa inhaled deep, eyes still wide and brows still in a panicked line.

-----

*Vidia calming Iridessa down

*Vidia calming Iridessa down.*

Just thought it's cute.