Part 1

Background music: Who I Am by Natasha Beddingfield

-----

Zarina hopped on mushrooms and then on colorful flowers. It held her weight just fine as she at last jumped to reach a low branch of leaf and slid down across a mini river.

The field had always been so beautiful, and she enjoyed walking through the green grass under the sunshine. She can hear the usual chatter of fairies above, busy in each of their own work.

"A little bit of sun..." Iridessa, a swarthy light fairy with hair black as a sunflower seed, moved a ray of sun to a flower with her bare hands. The flower was grown by Rosetta, a pretty Garden Fairy. Beside Iridessa was Silvermist, a kind water fairy, clutching a water-soaked cottonball which she squeezed on top of the sunflower.

"Oh, look!" Iridessa pointed down at Zarina, who's sauntering the ground below.

"Hey, Zarina!" Rosetta greeted her from above. Zarina waved and continued walking.

Rosetta flew down towards her and easily kept in pace with her as she flew. "Out of pixie dust again, chug?"

"You know me, Rosetta." She replied and shrugged.

"I can give you some tips on conserving your supply." Iridessa suggested, looking up as Zarina jumped from a flower and above her.

Zarina did a double-flip around a tiny branch and stood upright with ease. "I may just take you up on that, Dessa." She hopped down a rock and onto the ground before continuing her walk.

"A dust keeper fairy who's always out of pixie dust," Silvermist chimed, still clutching the cottonball. The three of them watched Zarina.

"Ironic, isn't it?"

------

"Rinse time..." Fawn, an animal fairy with long, brown, braided hair, pulled a flower down. It sent plenty of water pouring down a little blue bird, which she scrubbed not long ago.

"Time to dry!"

The bird went to enjoy the wind offered by a little, whirling tornado just beside Fawn. It held its wings open to further dry its feathers.

"Hey, Z! Wing's okay?" Fawn asked as she spotted Zarina passing by a few yards away.

"Just enjoying a stroll, but thanks, Fawn." Zarina said with a chuckle. "Nice wind, Vidia."

"Thanks." The tornado vanished and revealed Vidia, a Fast-flying fairy with long, slick black hair tied into a ponytail. "What's a stroll?"

Zarina chuckled at Vidia's clueless question.

A sharp horn echoed from a distance.

"Oh no," Zarina said and hurriedly ran towards the Pixie Dust Mill. It was where dustkeepers work to ensure that every fairies get their bag of pixie dust.

She went inside and grabbed her apron, ran and slid down a tiny rope for a quick descend. Lining up with her co-dust keepers, she blew a loose lock of hair from her forehead.

Terrence, also a dust keeper, blew the horn-shell again. As if on cue, the sixteen-legged creature that resembles a worm started to run on a running wheel made of wood, sending it round and round. The whole system sprang to life, and every dustkeepers started to do their own tasks as pixie dusts went from bowl to bowl, flower to flower, and pouch to pouch.

Zarina picked up a pouch full of pixie dust. She efficiently tied the leafy bag, close and secure, with a swirling motion of her hand. She set it down on the mechanical implement that sends the dust freely riding in front of them. Some of the fairies also did the same as it was their task. Once it reached the end part, it was again picked up by a dustkeeper and would be tossed into half-opened flowers which were pulled by a pulley.