Part 13

"Our plan worked perfectly," James said to the pirates. He looked at the lamp-holder where Zarina was desperately looking around for escape. "Fairies are such gullible creatures. Aren't they, lads?"

The pirates roaring laughter showed their agreement.

Holding his chin up in shameless bragging, James continued, "No match for an Eton education such as mine."

"He's a smart one, isn't he?"

"Haha!"

"The power of the pixie dust is finally ours!" James held up the lamp-holder as if a trophie, and the pirates cackled.

"We've had enough kissing up to that pint-sized prima donna!" the muscular pirate interjected.

"No quarter for her!"

"Let's make her walk a tiny little plank!" the dwarf pirate said excitedly.

"Yes, tiny!"

"A tiny plank!"

James rolled his eyes. "She can fly, you cretins."

"Oh..."

"You know, he's right."

"That is why he is the captain."

"She'd just fly away. I get it."

"Hahaha! Mi kapitan!" Another pirate threw a sword towards James.

James caught it and held it with ease.  "There's no stopping us. We'll plunder every port in all the Seven Seas!" The pirates cackled once more as he jumped down the deck. "Prepare to get under way, you scurvy scallywags. We've got a ship to fly."

At the rocking anticipation of the other pirates, James turned to Zarina, a sneer written on his face. "And as for you... you'll make a fine, little nightlight."

Zarina's wings were glowing in the darkness as she searched around each wall of the lamp holder, but couldn't find a way to escape. She pushed herself against the far wall opposite from James and watched him anxiously, her chest heaving.

--
James barged into the cabin and kicked the door closed, the space momentarily shaking with the force of the slamming door. He set Zarina on the table before drawing out his sword, a smirk on his face. He stabbed it into the gap between the doors of a cabinet, revealing a fancy, crimson pirate suit as it swung open.

No, not just a pirate's suit.

A captain's suit.

Zarina gasped at the sight of it. James laughed. He donned the suit, pulling the long sleeves over his arms, the hem swishing just below his kness, and placing the big, matching pirate hat on his head that had a large feather sticking up at the back part.

He adjusted his collar, looking at himself in the mirror. "Swoggle me eyes," he said. He frowned at the crumb of dirt on his shoulder. He patted it off and smiled smuggly. "Now, there's a sight."

He regarded Zarina when she tinkled against the lamp holder. "Oh, don't feel foolish." He walked around to pick a book from the shelf. "I was just too clever for you, that's all."

A hidden key rested in the crevices of the book pages. James used it to open a wooden chest which carried rolls of parchment strewn about inside.

"Ah, yes." James dumped the papers on the table and laid one open. It was a map. "Now, you see my little fairy, navigating the Neverseas is one thing, but to chart a course through the sky..." His hands traced the image of a ship and the path it's taken from the sea— from the Skull Island, particularly— and up and over Pixie Hollow, with it's final destination being the Second Star. "... not only do you need longitude and latitude, but you'll also need altitude."