Part 8

Rays of sunlight slipped through the leaves as water fell from the cliff with a heavy gush.

"Wake up... Tink, wake up."

Tinkerbell stirred, and her eyes fluttered open as she took a sharp breath. She looked at Silvermist who was sitting before her. She pulled herself up and touched her head with a groan. Rubbing her eyes, she asked, "What happened?"

"The last thing I remember was Zarina throwing that dust at us." Silvermist softly replied.

Tinkerbell looked down at Silvermist's dress and gasped upon seeing that it was not how it used to be. It was the same one-strapped dress, but it had turned into a random mixture of purple and blue, with the purple coloring the majority of the dress. She also sported a pair of trousers, which was noticably different from her long, flowy dress.

"Uh, your dress...?" Tinkerbell uttered.

"I know. Uhm..." Silvermist pointed down. Tinkerbell looked down to what she was wearing and inhaled in shock. The hem of her dress was still green, but mostly, it was all blue. It also had a twirl to the side, which was absent in her former plain-fitted dress.

Groans made them look to the side. The other fairies had woken up.

"Is everyone all right?" Tinkerbell   inquired.

"I guess so..."

"I'm not! Look at my outfit!" Rosetta fussed. She referred to her dress— her skirt was orange. "Orange is not my color!"

"She's right," Silvermist said. Rosetta looked at her and made a face.

In fact, all six of them had more or less sported a dress that was different from their usual. Fawn still wore a pair of trousers, but it was yellow. Iridessa's dress was pink, and the hem looked more like curled rose petals, different from her normal pointed ones. She also had a lovely bloomy flower tucked in her head.

Most of Vidia's dress was green, with very little of her usual purple, and minus her usual trousers. Her raven black hair looked bigger than her dress.

"Listen, we have to get out of here and go after Zarina." Tinkerbell said, walking towards the waterfall in front of them. "Silvermist, can you part the—"

When she reached her hands to the falling heavy water, a solid splash dashed to the other fairies behind.

"Shut it off, shut it off!"

All fairies but Tinkerbell and Silvermist sprawled on the ground, gurgling as the water shot at them.

Tinkerbell drew back her hand, surprised and confused. "I didn't do anything! I just—" she touched the water again, and once more, it dashed horizontally.

"Tink!"

She drew backwards, baffled.

"Tink! Could you stop not doing anything?" Vidia lay sprawled on the ground, her hair glistening as she was wet all over, together with the other coughing fairies.

Slivermist walked forward and crouched in front of the water. "It's okay, I got this."

Before her hands could touch the water, she suddenly flew ungracefully upwards and uncontrollably hit the roof of the cliff several times as her wings forced her to fly higher, but was unable to.

"Silvermist!"

"You okay?"

They backed up as Silvermist crashed down with a thud.

"That's weird..." Fawn went over Silvermist and bent down. "Here, let me help you—"

When she reached out, she unintentionally gathered a ray of sun shining through Silvermist. It turned into an extremely bright beam in her hands.

The fairies covered their eyes as Fawn stumbled backwards, blinded.

"So bright!"

"Fawn, I can't see!" Iridessa said, backing up to a boulder. She cheeped when the plant behind her grew big when her hand landed on its leaves. Its now hanging vines obscured her completely.

"What did you do?" Vidia stepped forward, alarmed.

"I don't know."

"Ew, ew, ew, get them off! Get them off!" Rosetta was on a rock, pressing herself against the wall of the cliff in an attempt to avoid the insects crawling to her legs and arms. One actually kissed her cheeks. She freaked out, "Get them off!"

Fawn hurried up and took one from her arms, and Vidia from her legs.

They all looked at Tinkerbell when she spoke, "Wait a minute...do you realize what this means?"

"Oh, my gosh." Silvermist put her hands on her face. "Zarina switched our heads!"

The fairies blinked at her.

"No... No, no, no," Tinkerbell spoke slowly as she regarded everyone. "Zarina switched our talents."

"What?!"
"Excuse me?!"
"What..."

The fairies blurted as they realized it was the only possible explanation.

"I must be a water fairy now." Tinkerbell said, gazing at her dress.

Silvermist walked towards her. "Ooh, so that's why your dress is blue."

"And I guess you're a Fast-flying fairy." Tinkerbell pointed at her.

Fawn walked excitedly towards a ray of sun. "I'm a... I'm a light fairy!" The light reflected back to her eyes. "Ow."

"Garden fairy!" Iridessa waved her hand outside the vines.

"Oh," Rosetta removed a green insect from her head and held it away from her, somewhat uneasily. "Looks like I'm an animal fairy now. Lucky me." She smiled a false smile.

"No. No," Vidia uttered in disbelief as she looked at herself in horror. "It can't be!"

Fawn laughed and pointed at her. "You're a ti—"

"Don't say it!" She held up her hands to stop Fawn from talking and marched towards the new water fairy. "Tinkerbell! Take these things back right now!"

Tinkerbell chuckled. "Okay." She took the pair of tiny, white puff-balls from Vidia's sandals and placed them on hers. She looked at it and sighed pleasantly.

"Tinker~" Fawn finished in a teasing tone. Vidia gritted her teeth at her.

Tinkerbell stepped in between them. "Guys, come on. We gotta get out of here."

"Well, you're the water fairy; part the waters," Vidia said and gestured towards the waterfall.

Tinkerbell looked at the gush of water  before she reluctantly walked forward.

"Uhm, use both hands this time," Silvermist advised.

Tinkerbell stood in front of the waterfall for a moment, somewhat nervous, then reached out her both hands to the waterfall with a sudden motion. The water just below her hands parted.

"Well, you don't see that everyday," Silvermist muttered.

Grunting in an effort to keep the water parted, Tinkerbell called back to them, "You guys better hurry! I— I can't hold it!"

The fairies hurried to pass the waterfall, but Silvermist was the only one who managed to get to the other side when Tinkerbell lost hold of the water and sent her and the other fairies down with the fall.

They shouted as they slid fast through a large leaf and spiraled onto another, until they landed roughly to the shore.

"Oops." Silvermist uttered. "Guys, are you—" she flew towards them but with her uncontrollable wings, she hit Iridessa, who was just starting to put herself up on a rock, and sent the new garden fairy backwards into a plant. The plant grew big the moment Iridessa landed on it. She hurried back to the rock, though her every step on the sand earns a vine growing.

Silvermist held her hand to hold her up. "—okay?"

"Yeah?" Iridessa frailed.

"Guys?... I think I broke something."