Part 15

Of course, this is dedicated to you all, but here's a special mention to IndigoFlash! Thank you for your messages! They are highly appreciated.

------

"Return that blue dust! Or your friend is done for."

The fairies looked back at the lamp James held, where Zarina was held captive.

"That's right. Captain Zarina has been relieved of duty," James said, his tone smug.

Between the blue dust in Tinkerbell's hands, and their fellow fairy in the risk of falling into danger, the fairies hovered mere feet away from the opening of the skull, so close yet effectively held back.

With eyes full of worry, Tinkerbell slowly flew back carrying the blue dust. Zarina looked in horror through the glass as Tinkerbell made her way back to the tree.

Putting the dust in its place, Tinkerbell popped the lid below, and once more, specks of blue dust fell. The wooden tube burst out a thousand golden colors, pixie dust once again flowing into the barrel.

With a smirk, James turned to Zarina. "You truly are a talented fairy."

With a grunt, James pulled a lever, making pixie dust flow from the barrel and into another tube. The dusts free-falled down into another pathway. Another pirate maneuvered a latch, and all parts of their contraption repositioned in a way that pixie dusts were led right into another barrel built atop the ship. 

Under the barrel was a mechanical propeller, and it started to spin, ticking and creaking. Pixie dust rained on the ship as the propeller scattered them, blanketing the wooden vessel inch by inch. Soon, the specks that covered the tip of the sails down to the lowest cabin made it look like the ship was glowing in gold.

"Prepare to dock off!" James commanded. "Lay anchor and get ready to fly, mi' hearties."

"Argh."
"Aye!"

The fairies watched in horror as the ship lurched and rose to dislodge itself from the water. It started to pull on the ropes that bound it to the dock.

Openheimmer and the plump pirate looked down from the window of the top cabin excitedly. "It's working!" Openheimmer exclaimed, breathless. "I can't believe my eye!"

The water heaved as the ship floated higher and higher. The last of the pirates climbed in as the last of the anchors were pulled up.

The wheel steered. The pirates laughed.

"We're flying!"
"This is lovely."
"Oh-hohoho! It's perfect."
"It's working!"

The muscular pirate gripped the wheel, his eyes looking up to the orange glow of the rising sun. His voice rough but joyful, he exclaimed, "We can fly!"

"Up, up, and away..."
"Shimmering timbers, we're flying!"

The massive ship continued to rise up and was about to reach the deck James stood up on. Tinkerbell backed up when James hurried to dislodge the blue dust from the tree and wore it as a necklace.

James jumped on the ship, the blue dust glowing on his chest. He perched on the edge and held on to one of the ropes. He held out the lamp holder in front of him. "Bon voyagé, little captain."

He swung the lamp away into the air. Zarina shrieked as her prison sped down.

"No!"

Tinkerbell and the other fairies rushed down. The lamp was already a feet under the water when they made it.