Part 4

The plant managed to reach the Pixie Dust Mill in a short matter of time, destroying implements and knocking off dusts from its containers. The wooden wheel was also not lucky enough to be spared from the intruding, overgrown branches.

Fairy Gary looked up in alarm and was swift to try and hold back a branch that had entranced from a window, but with no success. It overpowered him as it grew forward and knocked off the huge storage for pixie dust. It went falling ahead, fractured.

When the plant finally halted, the ground stopped shaking. The workplace's roof was unattached as it was wrapped on monstrous snake-like branches.

All in all, it was chaos.

Sliding down from a branch that is wider than he was tall, Fairy Gary gazed at a branch's tip that has some pink dust resting on it.

He grazed his hand over the branch and looked at it to confirm if it was what he thought it was. His brows furrowed in disbelief and worry. "No."

Running through the creeping plant, Zarina raced to the destroyed Pixie dust mill. Fairies gathered over the mess, along with the Queen.

"How did this happen?"

Zarina clasped her hands over her mouth as she saw how much damage her experiment had made. "Oh, no..."

"What happened?"

"Tink..."

"Oh, my..."

"Tink, are you okay?" Slivermist landed beside Tinkerbell, together with her other friends. They were standing on one of the branches just behind Zarina.

"Yeah."

Rosetta regarded the thick overgrowth. "Who grew these?"

Zarina heard a clearing of throat. She turned to the side and was met by Fairy Gary, who has his brows in an angry line, holding out his hand with the pink dust, demanding an explanation.

Zarina's eyes were filled with regret. "I'm so sorry. I'll help rebuild the depot, I'll come in early, I'll stay late! I—"

"You were told not to tamper with pixie dust," the overseer's rumbling voice cut her off. "I think, it is best if you don't come in at all."

Zarina's wings slowly straightened, her eyes wide as she comprehend what was coming. She spoke softly, "What are you saying?"

"You are no longer a dustkeeper," Fairy Gary shook his head. "It's simply too dangerous." He turned his back and went to Queen Clarion. "We'll start rebuilding in the morning."

Zarina sighed, her wings drooping down as she looked at Tinkerbell and her friends' sad faces. She glanced at the Queen and Fairy Gary, looked down and sobbed. She ran, using the branches as her path.

Tinkerbell looked like she wanted to stop her, but didn't go after her. Instead, she looked down in sadness.

-----

Grabbing her sling-bag, Zarina packed her most important possessions. Including the golden, orange, purple, and pink pixie dust which were contained in pouches. Of course, the tiny blue dust was not forgotten. She slid it inside an acorn cap and put it inside her bag, together with the other dusts.

Straightening her wings, she sprinkled some flying dust on her back and fluttered it before flying out. She sped away from her home, and stopped to look back at the Pixie Dust Tree for one last time.

Her eyes sad, she continued to fly away.

----

* The Pixie Dust Mill wrapped on enormous branches

* Zarina leaving Pixie Hollow.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!