The Moon and her Shadow

Luka sighed as he walked to the front of François Dupont Lychee. Juleka had left her notebook on the table and she had mentioned how important it was the night before, for a test. He looked around the campus, hoping to spot his sister's purple locks when he noticed blue instead.

He shifted on his feet before he weaved his way through the crowd, hoping he wasn't wrong. It had almost been three years since they broken up. He wished several times that Marinette would give him another chance, once she was ready to openly tell him the truth about herself. He hadn't expected to see her in the arms of another guy or for him to kiss her.

"Luka!" he heard Juleka call, waking him from his stupor.

"Who?" he demanded.

'Why hadn't she told him Marinette moved on?'

Juleka tilted her head in confusion until her brother turned back to glance at Marinette under the shade of a large tree. Juleka's eyes widened when she saw Marinette with some guy she didn't recognize.

"I don't know." his sister replied, "I had no idea she was seeing anyone. It's the first time I've seen him, but I'll ask the girls. I'll get back to you, okay?"

Luka handed over her notebook and left without a word.

'Has she really moved on?'

"You're dating?" Alya shrieked as they made they're way into the classroom, "Marinette!"

"What?" Marinette asked, confused as to why everyone was suddenly staring at her.

"Why didn't you tell us you got a boyfriend?" her friend questioned, "How could you keep this from us?"

"Oh." Marinette spoke, trying to find the right words, "Well, we just haven't been as close since College. None of us really talk anymore like we use to in Bustier's class; we all sort of do our own thing. I work two jobs and still have to strangle out doing homework."

Sure they had grown apart, but they never really thought it had caused that much of a change. Kim and Alix were usually at the sport's table and sometimes with Max in the library for help with classes. Kitty Section and Nino stuck together to get things done faster so they could have band practice and he could work out some new songs. Chloe, Adrien, and Marinette shared some of the same business classes. Alya was usually with Nathaniel and Marc for help with her blogs and getting and new perspective on how she could make things better. Ivan and Mylene had some classes with Sabrina. Everything had changed and none of them had realized it. No one was really sure what to say. Adrien took a step forward. He was the one who took the first step for their friendship, he wasn't gonna let it fade.

"How did you and your boyfriend meet?" he asked.

Marinette smiled, "He was visiting Paris with his father and cousin. I ran into them several times and ended up inviting them to the bakery. We all talked and we stayed in touch. He asked me out and I said 'Yes'. We visit each other when we can and we talk daily."

The Agreste heir smiled, "You sound happy."

"I am happy, Adrien." she replied.

Adrien put an arm around her shoulder, "Good. That's all that really matters."

"Can we meet him?" asked Rose.

"Yeah!" shouted Alix, "We should get to know him."

"We have plans for lunch, but I can see if he's up to meeting you guys after school. Would that be okay?" Mari questioned.

Everyone nodded.

"What did you find out, Jules?" Luka asked, when Juleka arrived.