D15-If Only

Continuation of Snow

Adrien walked the streets of Paris. He wasn't sure what to think anymore. Part of him was happy that one if his best friends had found someone. The other half, not so much. The other half was disappointed that he had never given her a chance.

He had seen them together earlier that day: Marinette and the guy from the photo. Adrien still wondered who had sent him that photo and why? How did they know he was suppose to meet Mari? He knows it wasn't Alya because she was still determined to get them on a date. She had confronted him not long after Marinette had left on her second date. He had shown her the photo and told her that Marinette looked happy in the photo. He felt that she wasn't as excited as him for the date so he cancelled. Alya smiled and said, "I'll set you both up soon. Mari has loved you for years. She's not going to drop that love at the drop of a hat! As soon as he's gone, I'm sure Marinette will give you another chance."

If only he believed that.

Adrien had seen how brightly Marinette smiled as she and 'Dami' walked through town. It seemed like she had gone fabric shopping again. Usually she'd call and ask him to tag along. He may not have the talent that Mari or he father possessed, but he knew quality when he saw it. So what did this new guy have that he didn't?

If only he knew.

Adrien saw the way he played keep away with her bags, insisting that he carried them. He had tried that, but she refused. He saw her pink lips pout and her cheeks puff up slightly, but they quickly turned red as he reached out and grabbed her hand. It made her creamy white skin and bluebell eyes stand out beautifully. He could tell by the way she looked at him. This guy was staying.

Maybe.....if only he had gone on that date.