Valentine's Day Surprise

Everyone's attention was locked on Adrien Agreste. It was Valentine's Day and he was carrying a red rose. Everyone was hoping they were the lucky girl he would give it to. Many girls stuck together and giggled, hoping he would state he had feelings for them in front of their friends. Others took another approach; they stayed away from everyone in case he was 'too shy' to give it to them around other people. Everyone was silent as Adrien walked up to Marinette Dupain-Cheng and asked her out on a date.

Marinette stopped sketching and looked up to see who had asked her out. She was shocked to see Adrien holding out a red rose.

"No, thank you." Marinette stated as she closed her sketchbook and walked away.

Marinette didn't say another word as she headed early to her next class. Adrien lowered the rose to his side as Marinette walked away. Alya couldn't believe her ears and dropped her textbooks on Nino's foot. Mari ignored the whispers, surrounding her rejecting one of the hottest guys in Paris.

"I can't believe she turned down Adrien Agreste!"

"Wasn't she in love with him?"

"I thought so, too!"

"Who does she thinks she is; acting like she's better than him?"

"Adrien is who everyone wants to date!"

"I'm pretty sure she's single."

"Are you sure she's into guys? Maybe she's into chicks."

No one got their answers until after school when they saw Marinette lunge into someone's arms. The guy had a sun-kissed complexion and dark hair. He was standing there with a dozen roses and kissing Marinette.

'Oh, she was already dating someone.'

"I have dinner reservations already planned for tonight, Angel." he spoke.

"I should get ready, then." Mari smiled, taking the roses.

"I'll pick you up at 7PM, but let me walk you home." her boyfriend insisted.

Lila smiled as she noticed Adrien's eyes trail after Marinette. She got close and wrapped an arm around his.

"I'm so sorry that Marinette rejected you, Adrien." Lila spoke softly, "I know it's not what you originally planned, but I could be your date. It would be as only friends, of course!"

Suddenly, she was pulled away by the back of her jumper and thrown on the floor. When she looked up she saw none other than Adrien's fencing partner.

"Keep your hands off my boyfriend!" she demanded.

"Hello, Kagami." Adrien smiled, bringing her close for a kiss.

'What?'

"But-But." Lila mumbled, trying to make sense of what was happening.

"You're a cheater!" Rose shouted, pointing at Adrien.

Alix glared at him, "You asked out Marinette today! Were you just playing with her feelings?"

"How could you do that?" Alya questioned.

"I allowed him too." answered Kagami, "I take it, you did not fair well."

"She refused." Adrien replied, "But it was a god reason. Apparently, she's already in a relationship."

"You didn't know?" the fencer questioned.