Blind Date

"I've done it!" smiled Alya at her phone, "I finally got those two idiots to go out with each other. #Adrientte will be trending by tomorrow and they'll be singing my praises."

Marinette sat in the small café near her apartment waiting for this so-called 'blind date' of hers. How she had let Alya talk her into it, she would never know.

Ten minutes had passed and Marinette watched the rain trickle against the window pane.

She could wait around a little longer. No sense in going out in the pouring rain.

"Is this seat taken?" asked a voice.

Marinette turned her to find emerald eyes staring back at her. She could feel her cheeks reddening. 'Please let this be the guy.' She was learning more and more that she had a thing for guys with green eyes.

"I...I don't know. I'm suppose to meet someone here for......a blind date." Mari answered, embarrassed.

"Then maybe I'm in the right spot." he answered, "I'm suppose to be on one as well."

Marinette smiled and waved her hand to the seat. He nodded and took the seat across from her.

"My name is Marinette. Marinette Dupain-Cheng."

"I'm Damian." he offered, "Damian Wayne."

"Well, how about we order some food and we just talk about ourselves to see how this goes. I don't really want to get my friend's hopes up that something between us will work" Marinette blushed.

'Very different from their usual set ups, but not bad. So far this one doesn't seem to have any idea as to who I am and seems nervous just being here.'

"Very well." Damian smiled, "Have you ever been here before? I'm not sure what to order."

"Yes, I really loved the pasta here." said as the waitress arrived to their table, "I'll have a white wine and a pesto pasta."

Damian's eyes quickly roamed the menu before ordering a ratatouille dish and a red wine.

The young Wayne found himself surprisingly enjoying the blind date. Perhaps this one time, he could let Dick be right.

Marinette's phone began to dance across the table. Her screen showed over five texts from Alya.

"Sorry, is it alright if I see what's going on?" she asked.

As he opened his mouth, his phone also began to chime repeatedly, causing her to giggle. With a nod, they both looked down at their phones.

To: Mari

I'm so sorry!

Please answer.

Did you leave the restaurant?

Are you still waiting?

I don't know what happened, but he cancelled last minute.

When I get my hands on Agreste, he'll be sorry.

I can't believe he stood you up!

From: Alya

To: Baby Bird

Why do you do these kind of things?

You said you would at least meet this girl, but you stood her up!

At least with the others you told them right away you didn't want to be there!

From: Big Eagle

Simultaneously, they lifted their gaze from the phones to each other and began to laugh.