Bruce v Gabriel

"Adrien, stop slouching. You are the face of Gabriel and must exude the product." Gabriel commanded.

"Yes, Father." Adrien spoke, standing straighter.

"Make sure you are aware of what you consume and do not take drinks from anyone other then the wait staff." Gabriel continued, reprimanding his son.

"I will notify Natalie what I have consumed when we arrive so she can take note." Adrien recited from memory.

"Adrien-" Gabriel began, only to be interrupted.

"Hello, Adrien. Perhaps you would like to talk with my son, Damian." suggested Bruce.

Seeing a possible merger in the future, Gabriel nodded at Adrien for him to go.

"You should ease up on the boy, Gabriel." Bruce commented, causing Gabriel to raise his brow, "You're not allowing him to be a child. He only has a couple years left."

"Adrien is the face of my company and will take over when I have passed on." Gabriel states, causing Bruce to frown.

"My third son is leading my company, as we speak, and I wish I had never allowed it." Mr. Wayne sighs, "He is up all night. He has become a insomniac, addicted to caffeine and I'm pretty sure he hasn't slept in four days."

"He's not your biological son so why give him the chance to be CEO?" questioned Mr. Agreste.

"I give each of my sons a chance to run Wayne Enterprise so they get a taste of what will be expected should they takeover." Bruce comments, "I don't expect them to follow in my footsteps."

"Not even Damian?" smirked Gabriel.

"No." Bruce spoke, "Richard tried it first, but he found he didn't like the business aspect. He lives in Bludhaven now and is a cop. He has a wife and a daughter. Jason was abducted. He found his way home, but he was never the same. He heads my security division and is earning his money as a normal employee. He came to me asking for advise on a business proposal for a gym. He wants to teach kids on the street, self-defense so no one will go through what he went through. While Timothy is CEO right now, he loves numbers and computers. When he stes down, he will most likely lead my science or business division."

"And your blood son?" Gabriel asked.

"Damian is much like your son, except he never had a childhood. He was raised by his mother and grandfather, who had high expectations of him. If he failed, he was punished severely. He rarely shows emotions and it is very hard to know what he is thinking. He will have his chance at the company, but I won't expect him to take over the mantle as the next Wayne of Wayne Enterprises. He will receive the same packet as his brothers and plan accordingly for three months." Bruce explains.

"May I ask why?" Gabriel asked, curiously.

"Well, if I told them what to do, they would just expect me to be there for him at all times." Bruce states.

"I don't see how." Gabriel comments.

"Say he came to me with a problem and I easily solved it. He'd go on his way and explain what I just told him, but then he'd come to me for the next problem and then another and another. He would never learn anything, except to come to me for help. I would still be leading the company, just my son would be the face. He would make the speeches, decisions, but I would really be pulling the strings. When I retire, I want to retire. No more business meetings. A vacation." Mr. Wayne begins to explain, " My board of directors know I do this and send me a copy of the notes and what happened. Later I will test my sons to see why they did what they did."