D6-Tree

This is a continuation of Blind Date and Decorating.

Damian looked around Marinette's apartment. For someone who seemed to light up with all the holiday lights around town, her place wasn't very festive.

"Marinette, I was wondering-" he began, during their shopping date. Marinette was fluttering from ornament to ornament.

"Yes, Damian?" she asked, looking up from the pink and silver ornaments.

"Do you celebrate Christmas?' he continued, earning him a nod, "May I ask, why haven't you decorated your apartment yet? I've seen how excited you get with all the decorations."

"My apartment is sorta small and Honestly, I'm not really sure where I would put a tree." Marinette blushed.

Damian looked around the festive aisle before taking off and returning with a cart.

"Damian, what are-" she began, but was cut off as he placed a small artificial tree in the cart.

Damian grabbed her hand a began to pull her through the aisles. He placed the smallest rose gold ornaments in the cart. He got pink ribbons, silver beads, white lights, and a faux white fur.

Damian smiled as they headed to check out.

"Wait, you can't pay for all this!" she shouted.

"Watch me." he smiled and pulled out his card.

Damian smirked as Marinette pouted next to him, all the way back to her place.

Damian saw the perfect spot to place the tree, minus a few alteration to the room.

"Do you mind if I rearrange the room a bit?" he asked.

Marinette reluctantly agreed as she fled to the kitchen to heat up some apple cider.

When she returned with two mugs, she saw that nothing had really changed, aside from her coffee table and her end tables.

Damian set to work on building the tree he had purchased as Marinette blared Christmas songs over her phone. Marinette took out the roll of lights, beads, ribbons and ornaments from their packages. Once he was finished, Damian placed it on top of her coffee table he had placed against her wall.

He sipped his apple cider as she began to flutter side to side, before going back and forth between the piles to decorate the tree. He hadn't known her for long, but he had learned not to get between her and a spark of inspiration.

Marinette took a step back and pouted at the tree. It seemed lovely, but she could tell something was missing. Damian swept her off her feet, from behind, and walked closer to the tree.

"Da-Damian? Wh-What are you doing?" Marinette managed to ask. "Trying to figure out how to put you on top of the tree, Angel." he smirk, looking down at her.

Marinette's face flushed. Quickly, she kissed him on his cheek, shocking him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face into his chest.

"Da-Damian." she mumbled into his chest.

"Ye-yes?" he asked, still rooted to the same spot.

"Would you like to go on another date with me?" Marinette asked, this time, peeking up at him.

"I would love to." Damian smiled back.

"I have another question." she stated, to which he nodded, "Can you put me down? I don't think I'll fit over the tree."

Damian quickly set her down, turning to drink his hot apple cider, attempting to hide the flush on his face. Marinette giggled seeing the tip of his ears, redden.

"Thank you, Damian." Marinette smiled, "I don't think it would be Christmas without you."