Year 7 - Chamber of Secrets

Daphne, Blaze, and Theo looked down into the dark tunnel that just opened in front of them.

"So you're telling me that you, Potter, and Weasley just jumped down there?" Blaze questioned.

"No...I pushed Lockhart down to see if he would die first...he lived..."

"You're mental..." Theo mumbled.

"As much as I WANT to jump down the deep dark hole...I'm going to pass..." Blaze said, "But I'll keep guard up here!"

"I second Blaze!" Theo raised his arm.

Daphne sighed and looked over at Hermione, "I can't believe this we are about to be even more Gryffindor than I thought!"

"You coming?" Hermione quirked her eyebrow at her.

"Of course...there's history down there that's only been seen by...six...seven...people..."

"Eight soon."

"Brillant!" Daphne said turning around back to the hole and jumped yelling, "Wish me luck!"

"She's crazy sometimes..." Theo said and Hermione laughed before jumping down herself. Once Hermione stopped Daphne stood there waiting. 

"You didn't tell me how gross it was down here."

"Would you have come then if I did?"

"Depends."

Hermione got up and brushed off her clothes and walked through the already open gates that Harry opened years ago. "Through here."

"The eyes?"

"Dumbledore's bird took them out a few years ago when it was alive. threw it into the water. By now the creatures that live in this water would have eaten it already. It's safe," Hermione explained as they walked and entered the largest chamber that held the face of Slytherin and many other statues that poured water into the many tunnels.

Daphne Froze looking around at the chamber ignoring the large dead snake toward the center of the room. "It's beautiful..."

"It really is...anyway want to help me with pulling these teeth out?" Hermione said from the mouth of the dead snake.

"Why hasn't it completely decomposed yet?"

"The cold temperatures and the water will help with that. It's gross but we have to do this...here..." Hermione said giving Daphne a lot of teeth she pulled out.

"How many are you getting?"

Hermione glanced over at her and smiled, "All of them! Even if we don't use every one of them...they can be used later...for potions and stuff like that!"

Daphne shook her head, "of course you would be thinking after, too."

"AND...DONE! This is the last one...put it in the safe pouch!" Hermione said handing Daphne the last one. She quickly put it up and closed the pouch. 

"What's next?"

Hermione looked around the large chamber. "Actually...this is a very excluded place...and open...how would you like to destroy a Horcrux!"

"NOW?!"

Hermione reached into her bag and grabbed out Hufflepuffs cup and sat it on the ground. "Why not!"

Daphne with shaky hands grabbed out one of the fangs and clutched it tightly in her hand. "Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Absolutely not! But might as well! You good?"

"You just want ME to destroy one of Voldemort's souls?"

"Yes."

"Are you sure you don't want to?"