Year 1 - Dormitories

The small walk from the Great Hall to the Slytherin Common rooms and dorms was quick.  Hermione was behind the other first-year Slytherin students as they followed the Slytherin prefect.  Hermione noticed that as they descended down the stairs it seemed to get colder.

After walking through multiple doors and halls they arrived in front of a large moving portrait of a man with long white hair and dressed in dark green old robes.  From what Hermione read this was Salazar Slytherin guarding the door. 

"Hmm...let me see the new students in our house this year," Slytherin stated to the prefect, who then pointed to Malfoy to step forward to the portrait.

Malfoy swaggered to stand in front of Slytherin who looked him up and down, "A Malfoy.  A good pure family.  Hope you don't disappoint the house."  

Malfoy took a step back and Pansy walked to where Draco stood before, "A Parkinson.  Unfortunately, you got your father's looks.  It would have been better for you to have your mother's looks."

Pansy almost started arguing with the portrait before the prefect pushed Pansy away to let someone else be evaluated.   

More people when up and before the line went near Hermione the prefect stopped her and whispered to her,  "You will not stand in front of Salazar Slytherin with your filth!"  Before Hermione could say anything back in her anger the prefect stepped to Slytherin and spoke.

"I'm sorry, but this is all the introductions we can do tonight, PURITY!"  Slytherin nodded and opened up the door for the students.  Hermione glared as she walked by the prefect.

"Listen up first-years! This is the common room.  On the right are the girl's dorms and on the left are the boys.  Do not be caught after hours or breaking rules.  Now off with you all!"  The prefect finished his speech and walked off to allow the younger student to settle into everything.

Hermione not wanting to deal with any other Slytherin's harassing her she walked up to the dorm and walked in.  There were five beds and a door that led to the shared large bathroom.  By each bed was a dresser for clothes and a desk on the other side.  The beds were large and private by canopies that blocked everything from view.  Hermione threw her stuff onto the bed closes to the bathroom.

Everyone else came in and looked at her.  Of course, it's Pansy that has to talk. "I WILL NOT HAVE MY BED BY A MUDBLOOD!" She screeched while pointing a Hermione.  

Rolling her eyes Hermione spoke, "Then don't choose a bed close to mine!"  Hermione then grabbed her stuff to get ready for bed and marched to the bathroom.  Hermione could still hear Parkinson complain so she looked and saw that everyone had their own private section in the bathroom.  The only shared thing in the bathroom was a large mirror.  So Hermione took a shower and finished up getting ready for bed and walked back out and sat on her bed.

Hermione as she sat still hearing Pansy complaining she decided to test out some magic she learned.  Picking up her wand everyone turned to look at her.  Pansy seemed to quiet down a bit seeing her with a wand.

Hermione not bothering to say anything thought 'Muffi-lio' and made a ward around her bed.  After finishing Hermione listened and knew it worked as she looked at all their faces.  She smirked at them and closed her canopy curtains around her bed and laid down ready to sleep off the day.

The next morning Hermione woke up early and knew she had to write to her parents, but she also was interested in the classes and schedule she was going to get today.  Since she was up early she got ready quickly before the others even woke up.  She sat in the common room with a paper in hand and started writing.

'What to write to my parents...' Hermione knew she couldn't tell the truth so she lied.

Dear Mum and Dad,

Hogwarts is great!  It is really fascinating and exciting to be

here.  The food is amazing and the wonders

I've seen already would blow you away.  I got sorted into 

Slytherin, I guess the hat thought I was very ambitious.

I've made some new friends, too.  I think I'll be okay

here.

                                                                                    Love,

                                                                                    Hermione

Once she finished she rolled it up and put it in her bag that was filled with her books and left for breakfast in the Great Hall.  She sat at the end of the table closest to the exit.  She grabbed some food and started eating and soon the rest of her classmates came in.  They glanced at her and walked past her and sat away where everyone could see that she was an outcast.

Rage built up inside Hermione, but before she could do anything someone appeared behind her.

"Ms. Granger...your time schedule..." A voice drawled out and she turned to look at the head of her house, Professor Snape.  Hermione took it from him and smiled lightly at him.

"Thank you, Professor."  Hermione turned back and looked at the paper memorizing the table already.  Since she still had, a bit she wanted to send the letter.  Getting up she walked out and then pointed her wand at the floor.

'Point me!' she thought and arrows only visible to her eyes showed her the way to the owlery.  She quickly followed the arrows outside the school and came across the owlery.  Once inside an owl flew to her and put out his leg and Hermione tied the letter to his leg.  Hermione watched as the owl flew off and left to get to class.

Sighing loudly she pointed her wand at the ground and followed it back to get to potions.  Oh what an excitingly boring day.