Year 1 - House Cup

Hermione was sitting down at the end of the year feast.  She was thankful everything turned out alright.  Weasley and Potter were sitting at the Gryffindor table pouting about how the Slytherin's won the house cup.  Hermione didn't really care that they won the house cup, but inside she knew she was the one responsible for a lot of those points with answering questions and doing overall well in class.  She was secretly proud.

She thought back on the last time she actually interacted with Potter.  He was in the hospital wing recovering and told her everything that happened to him once he crossed the fire.  After he escaped the hospital wing Weasley and the other Gryffindors were constantly around him.  There was no way she would ever go near the others.  To them, she is still a  "Dirty Slytherin", even with Potter's approval.  

Hermione looked around at her housemates and for once was almost happy she was in Slytherin.  She finished up her meal and waited for the final end-of-year speech from Dumbledore and much to her interest as if he read her mind, stood up, making the hall go silent and look at him.

"Another year has passed us by and I believe congratulations are in order for Slytherin with 472 points," Dumbledore said happily and most of the Slytherin house clapped and cheered.  The other houses glared over at them as their house points were called. 

Hermione rolled her eyes at them it was fair after all.

"Ravenclaw in second with 426 points, Hufflepuff in third with 352 points, and Gryffindor in last with 312 points."  The other houses clapped half-heartedly.

"Yes! Yes! Well done Slytherin!" He yelled allowing them to calm down.  Now before we reward the house cup I would like to give some points." Whispers broke the hall.

"To Mr. Ron Weasley 60 points, for the best-played game of chess Hogwarts has seen in many years."  Weasley's ears turned bright red.

"To Mr. Neville Longbottom for standing up to his friends for what he thought was right.  50 points!"

"And to Mr. Harry Potter for pure nerve and outstanding courage! I reward 60 points!"

The hall broke out in cheer only the Slytherins seemed to be shocked.

"I do believe a change in decoration is in order," Dumbledore raised his arm and the colors changed to red and gold.  The hall was in cheers and Hermione glared down at the table.  Her house-mates looked at her knowing that she was also involved in what happened and nothing was given to her.

She glared at Dumbledore and knew that as long as he stood there, life wasn't ever going to be a fair fight between the houses.  Everything she did during the year was wasted.

______________________

Soon she was walking to the Hogwarts express ready to go home still angry about Dumbledore and his unfair ways.  She was about to get on the train when Draco stopped her, "Hey Granger..."

"Yes, Malfoy?"

"I just wanted to say sorry about how...what Dumbledore did."

"Don't worry Malfoy.  He's an old coot and biased against Slytherins."

"Still..."

"Don't Malfoy just thanks for getting the teachers and everything.  Now have a good summer."  Hermione and Malfoy shared a final nodded and parted ways once they got on the train.  Hermione sat alone.

'Maybe next year will be better...' Her thought drifted into the unknown future.

_____________________________________________________________________

A.N. - So sorry about the super late update!  I've been cramming in school and I'm stressed.  Thank you for reading and forgive me!!!!