Year 6 - Potions and Denfense

"So you're telling me that now we have every house in classes now?" Theo said looking at his schedule that Snape just given him. 

"Yes," Hermione said as Snape handed the rest of the schedules to them and walked away.

"Why?" Theo questioned.

She sighed, "there are levels in classes now for example certain teachers will have only the people that got outstandings in their class while some might have acceptable through outstanding.  Depends on the teacher.

"Then explain how most of us are in potions together when only you and Draco got outstanding. I'm pretty sure it said that potions would only accept outstanding I just got an Exceeds Expectations.

"Yes well, that was with Snape. New teacher...new requirements. He allows the exceeds Expectations in his class."

"Ahh...I barely passed with that are you sure I have to take it?"

Daphne quickly slapped his head. "You're taking it. I don't want to hear anymore."

Hermione looked up and saw the McGonagall was scolding Harry and Ron about potions. "That reminds me with so few that passed with that requirements it should be a fairly small class. From what I heard only four Hufflepuff, three Gryfinndors, and the rest of the class with being Ravenclaws and Slytherins."

"Why are there so much less?" Daphne questioned.

Blaze rolled his eyes, "most of the Hufflepuff's were too fearful of Snape to do too well in class, plus you know Snape isn't the biggest Gryffindor supporter."

"Well come on we have to get down there soon anyway," Daphne quickly said and the group got up and left to the dungeons. Once in the classroom, the man greeted them.

"Hello! Just stand up for now!" They complied and just stood there waiting for the rest of the class to file in. Of course, Harry and Ron coming in just a few seconds late.

"Well now that everyone is here, why don't we get started! Can anyone tell me what this potion is?" Slughorn held up a container filled with a familiar gross looking liquid.

"That's Polyjuice Potion. If you put in some hair or other part of somebody else's body in it your body will morph into the person. But your voice will remain the same and if you put animal hair in it, it could have some unusual side effects." Hermione couldn't help but say.

"Very Good! Very Good!"

"How about this one?" Hermione quickly held her hand up and the teacher nodded for her to talk.

"Veritaserum. It forces whoever it's given to, to tell the truth."

"VERY GOOD! VERY GOOD! Ms...?" he questioned.

"Granger, Sir."

"Are you perhaps related to..."

"No sir...I'm muggleborn," she quickly interrupted.

"Muggleborn in Slytherin...I haven't heard that you since...Nevermind that. Impressive Ms. Granger, impressive. Now for the last one..." He held up a tiny bottle.

"This is liquid luck...if someone were to drink it you would have the absolute best day that you need. Of course, there are rules with it like you can't take it before a quidditch game, or use it before betting, or exams, or anything like that. Anyway, this is what you all would be fighting over today. Whoever I deemed make the best potion will win it and later I'll give you a list of rules you have to follow when you can't take the potion. The potion for today is Draught of Living Death. Please get out your textbooks and begin!"