Year 1 - The Visitor

It was three days after the letter came in and Hermione was still in the dark.  Her mother and father both refused to tell her anything.  That's how it came to this.  A sharp, stern lady dressed in emerald green robes sat across from them drinking the tea her mother so graciously made.

The lady was interesting, in Hermione's eyes, and the girl studied the lady.

"I see you got the letter, Mr. and Mrs. Granger." 

"Yes, but we thought it was a joke.  It wasn't until more started piling up and you showing up that we're taking this seriously now," Jean defended.

"So, I'm supposed to be a witch?"  Hermione stated looking directly into the lady's eyes without a hint of shyness.  "Show me."

The lady glanced at the book that sat on the table across the room.  She pulled out a stick that was decorated nicely and said nothing as the book flew into her hand.

Mr. and Mrs. Granger paled at the sight but Hermione smirked lightly.

"The school year starts on September 1st.  Students take a train to the school with their supplies.  Now is there a certain day where I can take Ms. Granger to get her supplies?"

"Err...anytime really, she can go whenever you want," Mrs. Granger stated and the lady smiled lightly at them.

"Good. I will be back a week from now at 10 o'clock sharp and if one of you would like to come you may.  Now I must be off, more families to surprise." The lady almost jokingly said.

"Thank you, Professor McGonagall." Hermione smiled at the woman and she gave a stiff nod before walking out of the house the door locking behind her.

The Grangers sat in silence for a few minutes when Hermione stood up and walked to the bookshelf and grabbed a book.  Henery quickly shuffled upstairs, face still pale with shock.

Jean smiled grimly at Hermione before following Henery up the stairs to talk.

Hermione shrugged off her parent's weird behavior.  She couldn't wait until she learned more about the new world she was about to enter into.  Instead of reading the book she grabbed, she was lost in thought of the adventure she was about to go on.  Not those fake adventures her neighborhood children or schoolmates like to go on, in the park.  No this was much more interesting.