Chapter 8

⚠️Warnings:⚠️ Mention of abuse

Y/n's pov:

I heard Scarlett hang up the call and burst into tears. Oh no! Was she not allowed to adopt me? Did i have to go back to Mr. Williams? I ran up to her. "What happened, didn't the application go through?" I asked, dreading the answer.

"It went through, we are signing the papers today." Scarlett lifted her head up, and i saw she was smiling. "Wait, really?! Are you adopting me?" "Yes we are, I'm so happy honey." I couldn't believe what i was hearing.

After all of these years, when someone finally decided to adopt me, it was The One and Only Scarlett Johansson! Scarlett engulfed me in a giant hug, and I felt tears start to stream down my face, I was so grateful.

We stood there for quite a while, just crying like two idiots while Lizzie watched us with the biggest grin on her face.

My happiness didn't last very long though, as I remembered what Scarlett said about "signing the papers today".

"Umm Scarlett, what did you mean when you said "we are signing the papers today"? Do I have to go back there? I don't want to, he's going to kill me! Please Scarlett, I-"

"I'm sorry honey, but we unfortunately have to, the papers have to be signed at the orphanage", Scarlett said.

I felt a panic attack starting to come, and Scarlett seemed to notice because she held my face up and said "Y/n, look at me. It's going to be alright, I won't let him anywhere near you, understand?"

"And besides, I got the police involved, and they understood your situation so they allowed me to bring security, he's not coming anywhere near you okay?"

"The security will be there protecting you at all times okay?" Scarlett reassured me. "Okay, I really don't want to go back there, but I understand that it's necessary", I said.

"When are we leaving?" I asked. "As soon as possible", Scarlett answered. "As in now?" I asked, scared. I was about to face Mr. Williams again, and i didn't have any time to prepare myself mentally.

"Yea, if it's okay with you", Scarlett said. "It's okay, I'll be fine", i answered. "Are you sure? You don't look very fine", Lizzie asked. "As i said, I'll be fine, i just want to get it over with", i answered.

"Alright, if you say so", Scarlett said. "But please, if you ever feel unsafe or you need someone to talk to, I'm always here", Scarlett reassured me. "Thank you Scarlett, i really appreciate it", i said while giving Scarlett a hug.

"Alright lets go, we'll be late!" Lizzie shouted from the front door. Scarlett and i laughed before following Lizzie out to the car.

It was quite a long drive from Scarlett's apartment to the orphanage. Pretty much the whole car ride was silent, we were all dreading what was going to happen.

Lizzie noticed i was anxious, and put her hand on my shoulder. "What's bothering you honey?" She asked. "They're going to want to see my back, aren't they?" "I'm sorry?" Lizzie said.

"The police, they're going to want to see my back right? All of the bruises, to confirm that Mr. Williams was in fact hurting me." The tears were threatening to fall again.

Stupid tears. "I'm afraid so sweetheart, but Scarlett and I are going to be there with you the whole time, okay?" Lizzie reassured me. That calmed my nerves down a little, so i gave Lizzie a hug.

"Thanks Lizzie, it means a lot. You really didn't have to" "I know i didn't, but i want to be there for you", Lizzie smiled. I smiled back, and we could see Scarlett in the front, also smiling.

When we arrived at the orphanage, there were already police and security there, thank god. We got out of the car, and a man in a suit approached us. "Which one of you is Mrs. Johannson?" He asked. "That would be me", Scarlett answered, shaking his hand.

"I'm assuming you are Miss Y/l/n?" He asked me. "Yea, that's me", i answered shyly, and we shook hands. "And who do we have here?" He smiled and looked at Lizzie. "My name is Elizabeth, Elizabeth Olsen, I'm a friend of Scarlett here", Lizzie smiled and nodded towards Scarlett.

"Lovely to meet you all, my name is Mr. Adams, I'm from the Child Welfare center here in London, and i am the one who will ensure that Miss Y/l/n will get a wonderful and loving forever home", he smiled at me.

We walked inside, escorted by four security guards, and we walked into Mr. Williams's office. I had been here many times before, and i had no good memories of this place.

Scarlett noticed i was scared, and she gripped my hand tighter. Inside the office were two police officers and a lot more security, along with a couple of men, and a person who looked like a judge.

Three of the men approached us, and introduced themselves as Scarlett's agent, lawyer, and my social worker, who i had met once before.

Then i saw someone standing in the corner of the room, with security all around him. Mr. Williams. Our eyes locked, and i felt my fear come creeping towards me. He tried to walk towards me, but was stopped by the security, who had noticed it.

Scarlett quickly pulled me aside and whispered, "he's not going to come near you, you understand? It's going to be alight, just hold my hand okay?" I gripped her hand tightly, and tried to focus on one of the men who had started talking, but i couldn't get the picture of Mr. Williams out of my head.

His anger when he saw me, and maybe, just maybe, had it been fear i saw in his eyes?

"We are gathered here today to witness the adoption of Miss Y/n Y/l/n", the judge said. "If you are wondering why there are security all over, it's because we have reason to believe that Mr. Williams here has been abusing Miss Y/l/n."

Everyone turned their attention towards me. I didn't know what to do, i just gripped Scarlett's hand tighter. Before anyone could say anything, the judge continued.

"If no one has anything to say, could Mrs. Johannson please come up and sign the adoption papers."

Scarlett and i walked over to the judge who smiled a reassuring smile towards me. Scarlett picked up the pen, but right when she was about to sign, someone shouted.

"YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO THIS! YOU DON'T HAVE PROOF! I HAVEN'T EVER LAID MY HANDS ON HER! NOT ONCE!" Mr. Williams shouted. Everyone looked at him. He was glaring at me, i had never seen him so angry.

Everyone then turned their heads in my direction, and i knew what i had to do.

I lifted my hoodie up and turned around.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n: Again, so sorry for the cliffhanger, but the next part will be up in 2 days <3

ALSO TYSM FOR 2,4K READS! THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE 😳🥰

Word count: 1208