Chapter 40

⚠️Warnings:⚠️

Y/n's pov:

After chatting with Rosa, Katherine, Nathalie, Jacob and Alexander for a while, we finally decided to find a table so that we could eat. Everyone eventually settled down and we found a table for 6 and sat down.

Menus were then handed out, and I had to decide what to eat. Everything would be payed by the production company which basically meant we didn't have to pay, so essentially we could choose anything we wanted.

I settled for steak and a chocolate lava cake for dessert with coke to drink. While we were waiting for our food we decided to play "two truths and a lie" to get to know each other a bit better, and we ended up cracking up as a result of the weird things some of us had done.

I was the youngest at the table, but for once, I felt included and comfortable with everyone around the table, I wasn't anxious, at least not yet. We were currently laughing because Nathalie had told us that her mum had gotten her to start acting to get rid of "drama".

Our food eventually came and we wasted no time before tucking in. The food was amazing, and I was clearly not the only one who thought that. When we were eating, I felt someone looking at me, and when I turned around I saw Kaya and Thomas this time looking at me before quickly turning back around.

Nathalie had noticed it too, and she shot me a questioning look. I shrugged as to tell her that I had no idea why they were looking at me, and she nodded before going back to demolishing what was on her plate, while still looking in Kaya's direction who was still shooting me occasional glances.

Everyone else at the table had now caught up with what was happening and Jacob eventually asked why Kaya kept looking at me. "Why does Kaya Schodelario keep looking at you Y/n? Do you know her?" He asked.

"Nope, I have no clue, what if she hates me? I haven't even done anything yet!" I said, slightly panicking. "Nathalie then put a hand on my shoulder to calm me down. "Hey, she probably doesn't hate you, maybe she has seen one of your movies before or maybe she just thinks you look good, because you do", she said which calmed me down slightly.

"Thanks, you're right, I should just ignore it for now, she'll probably approach me later if she wants to talk", I said and shot Nathalie a thankful smile which she returned. We eventually finished dinner, and the dessert was just as good as dinner had been.

It was now time for the director to say a few words, because he stood up with a microphone in his hand. "Hello everyone, thank you all so much for coming here today, I just wanted to say that I am incredibly excited to create this movie, "The Scorch Trials" with all of you, you're all so talented and I know that this movie is going to turn out absolutely incredible."

Everyone then clapped and he waited until everyone was done until he continued his little speech. "Even though I can see a lot of familiar faces, I am happy to announce that we have quite a few new faces here today, new actors with new characters." He then proceeded to call out everyone's names that were new, until I was the only one left.

"And last but not least, we have the amazingly talented and gorgeous Y/n Y/l/n!" I stood up and waved so that everyone could see me, just like everyone else had done.

"You may have seen her in movies such as Fantastic Beasts, Rouge One, Inferno and The Huntsman! She will be joining this franchise as Emmeline, one of the leaders of Group B and a good friend of both Harriet and Sonya!" He exclaimed excitedly as I sat back down.

"You've been in Fantastic Beasts?" Rosa asked and I nodded. "Not a massive role but yeah", I shrugged. "That's so cool!" She said and everyone agreed with her. "You're like practically famous!" Nathalie said and I had to laugh.

"Yeah right..."

We then talked for a bit longer at the table before we decided it would be a good idea to stand up and maybe try and talk to some other people. We split into pairs and Nathalie and I started slowly walking around, saying hi to everyone.

We eventually encountered Patricia Clarkson, and actually ended up having a really great conversation with her. Even though my anxiety levels were through the roof I managed to smile and keep a conversation going. She was overall really sweet and funny, and Nathalie and I both really enjoyed our little conversation with her.

We were talking together when I heard someone clear their throat behind me. I turned around and was faced with the one and only Kaya Schodelario. She was standing right in front of me together with Dylan O'Brien.

None of them said anything for a couple of seconds, so I finally spoke up. "Umm hi, can I help you two with something?" Dylan nudged Kaya slightly and she seemed to snap out of her trance. "Right sorry, I was just wondering if you maybe wanted to come and talk to us over there", she said and pointed to a spot further away where I saw Thomas Brodie-Sangster and Will Poulter talking.

"I could use another girl with those idiots over there", she continued and I laughed. "Yeah sure", I answered with a little smile, and after saying bye to Nathalie, we walked over. "Congrats Kaya, you finally managed to catch the girl", Will commented and Kaya silenced him with a glare.

"So, I'm Kaya, that's Dylan, the idiot there is Will and that's Thomas", Kaya introduced everyone and pointed them out as she went. "Also, sorry if you felt like I was staring at you earlier, you look good and you also looked familiar, sorry again, I didn't want to make you uncomfortable", she added in a whisper.

Did Kaya Schodelario just call me good looking??? Omg, what do i say?? DONT FREAK OUT!!!

"No worries, it's completely fine", I smiled reassuringly while internally freaking out. "So Y/n, you're obviously new and you've done acting before by the looks of it", Dylan said. "But you do have an accent, a very nice one by the way, where are you from?" He asked.

Crap, I'm gonna have to tell them about London...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n: Hey lovely people, what's up? How are y'all doing?
So, Y/n has finally met Kaya, are they going to get along? Will Y/n have to tell them about her past? I guess you'll have to see...

Anyway, I hope you're all okay, and I hope that you're talking care of yourselves, self care is important :)

If you have any feedback, suggestions or ideas for this book, please don't hesitate to leave a comment and I'll try to include it :D

Love you 3000 <3

Word count: 1193 words