[16 lucie all alone and another failed anton couple]

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ REFRESHER
[16] sixteenth chapter
episode sixteen+seventeen, season 5
-narrative
word count 3479
>In which Joe
and Elma are dumped
by public vote leaving
emotions running
high for Lucie.

The day continued after that, pretty uneventful, apart from when Maura had pulled Elma for a chat and things had seemed to get heated. Things still didn't seem to have blown over, for tensions were high in the changing room as the girls got prepared.

"How are you feeling?" Molly asked the girl as they both relaxed on the swingset away from whatever drama was going on

Summer sighed, "It's like, we had two new girls come in and they brought drama, but then it settled, right? But then two new boys came in and now there's more drama. Like, ugh," she groaned.

"I get it, it's like. The villa is never drama-free," Molly chuckled, looking out onto the garden.

Just then, footsteps sounded on the pathway into the villa, revealing none other than Caroline Flack as she appeared with a large grin, "Can we all gather around the firepit?"

It took the, now apprehensive, islanders no time at all to regroup in the dreaded place, awaiting whatever the presenter had to throw at them. Summer leaned into Ovie's side subconsciously as he soothingly rubbed her shoulder.

"There are so many of you," Caroline grinned, stood in front of the firepit, "Okay, we've got seven couples and four singles. Single boys, how is single life?"

Jordan was the first to respond, wrapping an arm around Anna as he did so, "It's good. Happy to have mt this one."

"Single life's good?" Anna repeated jokingly, making Caroline laugh

"I mean it's going well," he corrected himself with a grin.

She then moved her eyes over to the other new boy as she asked, "Tom?"

He tutted, his face showing his feelings about the past few days as he told Caroline, "Complicated."

Moving on, Caroline continued, "Maura, what's this face?" she asked, gesturing to the small frown the girl had sent Elma's way, "How are you feeling?"

"Shy," she joked, making the islanders laugh once again.

Regaining composure, the woman continued, "So, those of you coupled up, as you know, you were all asked to secretly vote for the two couples you thought were the least compatible. Your votes have put two couples at risk of being dumped from the island. So, single boys and girls, tonight... you are safe."

As the four of them let out a sigh of relief, Caroline asked, "Can all the couples please stand?"

The silence around the firepit was deafening as the islanders all averted their gazes to the floor in anticipation.