[20 the aftermath]

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ REFRESHER
[20] twentieth chapter
episode nineteen, season 5
-narrative+instagram
word count 1716
>In which it seems
the islanders just can't
escape the drama.

"I think Amy's upset," someone muttered as everyone was walking back in from the kissing challenge.

She had every right to be upset, of course, I mean, her half-boyfriend had just rated someone else a ten for the way they kissed him - she was probably feeling insecure as ever, for she had just walked off ahead of the group. Swiftly after, Curtis followed, ready to face whatever wrath was about to be thrown at him.

Meanwhile, Summer rejoined with Ovie, sharing a quick peck before heading off to the kitchen to refill their drinks.

Upon arriving in the kitchen area, the girl couldn't help but notice how Amy seemed completely out of it, so, moving over to where Molly was standing, the girl asked, "You good, Amy?"

"Yeah," Amy swiftly answered, placing sunglasses over her eyes, "I think what I'm more pissed off about is that all the boys were like laughing and joking about Curtis giving Arabella a ten. I'm like, it's not fucking funny, actually, I don't think. You're all meant to be my mates, and you think that's really funny?"

At that point, Ovie had finished refilling both water bottles and had moved over to join Summer, Molly and Tommy when Molly tried to calm Amy down, "Yeah but-"

Blatantly ignoring Molly's attempts, Amy ranted on, almost as if Curtis wasn't right behind her, "Like, if he'd just been like, 'Oh, it was a good kiss,' that's fine, but it's 'cause of the whole connection thing," she grumbled.

Swiftly turning to walk away, Molly muttered a quick, "Yeah, I get what you mean," before walking off with Tommy.

Both Summer and Ovie seemed to get the same idea as they turned on their heel to make a hasty exit from the situation, knowing just how on-edge Amy was at that time.

"She's being a bit overdramatic," Summer huffed as the pair of them took a seat on the beanbags.

Ovie nodded, taking a sip from his water bottle as he let the girl continue, "'Cause she's acting as if you lads were laughing at her specifically. I mean, aye, I get it, I'd feel shitty, too, if you did that to me. But she needs to hold Curtis accountable as well, like. She's acting as if everyone else was in on it."

"Mhm," Ovie nodded, however, if we're being completely honest, he wasn't fully listening to the girl opposite him. He was more just admiring the way the late afternoon sun bounced off her shoulders and how her eyes filled with passionate emotions every time she would make a point.

Soon enough, the girl caught on to his staring and began to question it, "What?" she asked, raising an eyebrow with a slight smirk.

"Oh, nothing," the boy hummed, adjusting the bucket hat that was sitting on his head comfortably.

"Sure," she responded, her smile growing slightly larger as she took in the way the light reflected off his abs and how his eyes never left hers.

A similar smirk grew onto Ovie's face as he commented, "You're the one who's staring now."

"Shut up," she chuckled, taking another sip of her water before diving back into comfortable conversation with the boy.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Nothing much was said up in the dressing rooms as the girls were getting changed since most of them were on edge after the challenge and were just wanting to get ready and get out before more drama started up - not that they could escape it if it happened anyway, it was a small villa.