[17 new day, new girl]

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ REFRESHER
[17] seventeenth chapter
episode seventeen+eighteen, season 5
-narrative
word count 2032
>In which a new girl
enters the villa
whilst everyone's
still asleep.

It had been at least an hour and a bit since Michael and Amber had left for their date and Summer was sat with the girls on the daybeds when Amber's voice rang through the courtyard.

"Hello!" the girl called out as the others cheered and went over to greet them.

Summer embraced the girl excitedly before asking, "How was it? Where did you go?"

"Oh God, it was brill'," she told the girl, "We went on this little romantic date in a secluded but sophisticated location."

Soon enough, the girls then gathered back on the daybed to discuss Amber's date further.

"It was, like, proper romantic," she went on to describe, "There was, like, lanterns all over. It was so pretty," the girl told them, making the others aw.

"I'm proper chuffed for her, aye," Summer grinned at the camera, "I mean, he told her his head wouldn't turn and she said the same. I'm so happy for them, like."

Soon enough, both groups dispersed into their own little conversations as the night progressed.

Summer was sat with Ovie in the little yellow booth by the pool as they chatted.

"So, what's your ideal date. Like, if you were to plan one right now?" Summer asked, taking a sip of her drink.

Ovie smirked, "A date with anyone, or one with you? Because if it's one with you I'd definitely just do a simple three-course meal at a fancy restaurant."

Summer's smile dropped as she looked at him with furrowed eyebrows, obviously confused y his choice of date until the man burst into laughter.

"Fucks sake," she muttered, hitting him lightly on the shoulder at his joke, "Okay, okay, but really... what would you want to do?"

He simply shrugged, a small smile playing at his lips as he responded, "Whatever you're happy with, honestly. What about you?"

Summer mirrored his smile before responding, "Well... I'd like to do something more than just sit down for a meal, y'know? I'd like to go out, have fun, make memories."

"Yeah? What kind of memories?" he asked, grinning at how excited she seemed about describing her ideal date.

Shrugging, Summer took a second to think about it before telling him, "I love fairgrounds, actually. Like, with all the music and the lights and rides. But, on a nice day, I also love walking on a beach, or even just through a city during sunrise or sunset. Also, Christmas or winter-style dates when it's snowing and you're in giant coats and the streets are filled with lights..." she went on to ramble about all of her ideal dates as Ovie sat and listened carefully.

Once the girl was done, he smiled and leaned closer as he whispered, "They sound perfect," before closing their lips in a sweet kiss that felt like it lasted forever.

Just like that, the night was over and everyone went in for bed feeling happy and ready for the next day.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

The next morning, Summer awoke surprisingly early as she got out of bed to see that everyone else was asleep and the lights were still out. She made her way up to the bedroom and out onto the terrace to observe the garden and listen to the birds as the sun rose over the hills in the distance.