[22 run, rabbit, run!]

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ REFRESHER
[22] twenty-second chapter
episode twenty-one, season 5
-narrative
word count 1697
>In which the
girls compete in
a series of 'bunny'
themed challenges.

As the day went on, Summer found herself doing absolutely nothing. As usual.

She was just enjoying the day on the beanbags when Arabella's voice yelled from a few feet away, "Got a text!"

"Oh, shit," someone on the daybeds muttered, obviously not a big fan of the ringtone that plagued the islanders day-in and day-out.

Girls,
It's time to hop it, as you all compete in today's challenge, Gym Bunnies.
#atitlikerabbits #runrabbitrun

With a groan, Summer muttered, "Fucks sake," as Molly walked over to give the girl a hand up, "could we have one challenge without being sexualised?"

"I don't think the show would get many views if it were like that, Mer," Molly chuckled, wrapping her arm around the girl's shoulders before making their way into the building to get changed.

After tying her hair up into a high ponytail, not to make her look the part but purely just to make sure it didn't get in her way, Summer got changed into her 'playboy bunny' outfit and followed the girls to the challenge platform - letting the producers get the slow-mo of them all running on the way down.

Upon getting to the platform, and meeting up with the boys who greeted them with whistles and cheers, the girls then received the rules on how to play the game.

It was quite simple, really, in the challenge, the boys would be the girls' very own 'personal trainers'. The course they had to run was made up of four stages; first, the girls would race to down a rabbit-food protein shake whilst running on a treadmill. When they finished the shake, they would jump on a box and proceed to do ten bunny hops. Then, while on a rowing machine, they had to munch a carrot dangling above them without using their hands. Finally, the girls would then complete twenty sit-ups, delivering a bunny kiss to their boy each time.

In the first challenge, the couples consisted of Amy and Curtis, Danny and Yewande, Lucie who had decided to pair up with Anton, and Anna who had decided to pair up with Jordan.

It seemed the first four couples managed to get through the challenge without many setbacks other than Amy's inability to keep the smoothie down whilst running on the treadmill and the fact that Danny and Yewande hardly shared a single word between themselves the whole time.

Soon enough, it was the second heat which would consist of Amber and Michael, Tommy and Molly Mae, Summer and Ovie, Maura who had paired up with Tom and Arabella who had chosen to pair with... You guessed it - Danny.

After the producers had finished setting up the extra course for Arabella and Danny to run, the couples took their positions: each of them sharing nervous, yet determined looks with their partner.

"Go!" Anton called from the sides, setting all five pairs off.

Just as Summer took the first sip of her smoothie, she scoffed at how exaggerative the other girls who had gagged at the taste seemed to have been reacting, since she could hardly find anything wrong with the beverage.

"From the age of, like, five and up, my Da' used to force-feed me and my sister these disgusting spinach and banana smoothies to 'toughen us up'," Summer explained before giggling to herself, "I mean, I guess I found one good use for it, didn't I?"