[39 he's not you]

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ REFRESHER
[39] thirty-ninth chapter
episode thirty-eight, season 5
-narrative
word count 6122
>In which the arrival of two new
bombshells throws a spanner
in the works for the Villa's
much-loved couple.

"Please welcome Chris and Francesca to the Villa," Amber read off her phone, shocking the rest of the group as all heads turned anxiously in wait towards the exit of the bedroom.

After Amy's departure, the air around the Villa felt strange: almost as if the islanders had lost a family member as the dampened mood hung low in the dressing rooms. On top of that, seeing the continual chats between Maura and Curtis that evening, when the wound was still fresh, didn't exactly help.

However, the islander's heartbreak of a day didn't end with Amy's departure. In fact, it had only just begun, for as soon as Amber read out the daunting text message she had received so early into the evening, two new faces had appeared through the Villa's doors, ready to cause chaos.

"Hello!" The two called out in unison as they made their entrance into the garden, their stunning looks had taken many of the islanders aback, meaning it took a few moments before any of them had gotten up from their seats to greet the bombshells.

"Oh shit," Ovie mumbled, gently tapping Summer's knee to pull her attention towards the two new islanders as he got up to standing, holding an arm out to help the girl up, "What d'you reckon?"

Looking both of them up and down, Summer shrugged, "As long as you don't fall head over heels for the lass, it should be fine."

"Could say the same for you and the new guy," He mumbled in response before gently placing his hand on the small of her back, almost as if sending a physical warning sign to the new guy that Summer was off-limits.

Making their approach, Summer put on a kind smile as she went in to hug Chris, as Ovie did as he parted to greet Francesca. "Hey, you alright? I'm Summer," She smiled, almost hesitant to speak as he awkwardly leaned in for a kiss on the cheek.

"Yeah, Chris," He nodded back to her, fluster somehow overcoming his demeanour, "I've, uh, seen you on the telly, you're stunning, by the way. Like, more so in person. Not that you don't look attractive on the screen, but, like, you look even more somehow..." he man trailed off, trying his hardest to downplay how he stumbled over his words.

Summer simply grinned, slightly bemused by his vocal misfortune, "Well, you look handsome, too, Chris," She told him, not making a big thing out of his initial introduction, despite the fact she knew she'd tell Ovie all about it later on.

"Hey, Summer, right?" A female voice called out to the Irish girl as the second bombshell went in for a hug, "I'm Francesca, it's lovely to meet you."

Almost caught off guard by the new girl's friendliness, Summer was quick to complete the hug, "Ah, that's such a cute name, it's great to meet you, too."

"Your accent, oh my days," Francesca almost practically fawned over the girl as they pulled away. "It's even better in person!" She chuckled, earning a small giggle out of Summer for her enthusiasm.

Before she'd had a chance to respond, Francesca had already moved on to greet the next person in line, still taking in the reality of the Villa and how she'd finally arrived on the show she and Chris had been watching in total isolation for the start of the summer.

"Opinions?" Summer whispered once out of earshot of the two bombshells, eager to find out her friend's take on the recent turn of events.

Molly let out a sigh, "Not many, to be honest with you. I mean, they're both attractive people, but neither are someone Tommy or I could or would go for," She shrugged, taking a sip out of her wine glass, "I just think it's so strange they've come in now of all times."