[35 love on the brain]

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ REFRESHER
[35] thirty-fifth chapter
episode thirty-three, season 5
-narrative
word count 3858
>In which a beach
date brings about new
revelations for Summer and Ovie.

The sun blinked beautifully against the gentle waves of the ocean, illuminating a perfectly placed picnic blanket that lay against the golden grains of sand — the perfect beach date setup.

Summer linked hands with Ovie, letting her smile grow wider with each second they spent beside each other, soaking in the Majorca sunshine on what seemed to be their own private beach setup.

"Ladies first," Ovie gestured for Summer to take a seat on one side of the basket before he sat opposite her, enjoying the pretty view the girl provided.

Summer sighed, letting herself relax as her hands rested on the soft sand behind her. Looking back to Ovie, she noticed a certain look in his eye, "What?" She smiled, already knowing what he was thinking.

"I was just thinking," He told her, reaching over to grab the bottle of champagne whilst he did so, "About how I lucked out with such a gorgeous girl in this place," The man hummed, watching as a hint of a blush rushed to Summer's cheeks.

"Oh, shut up," She chuckled, leaning forward to place a gentle kiss on his lips, speaking more than words could before leaning back, "Right then, shall we open it?"

Nodding, Ovie began to pull the cork off the top, "Yeah, I best do this, else you'd end up popping my eye out," He joked, earning him a playful slap on the arm in response.

"Aye, alright then, show me what you're made of," She laughed, eager to see how his bottle-opening skills fared against her own.

Bubbles were quick to flow out of the bottle of champagne as soon as the top flew off, causing the couple to laugh, "That's how a pro does it," Ovie stated proudly, sharing a warm smile with Summer as he poured the liquid into their makeshift plastic wine glasses.

"A pro?" Summer echoed his words in a teasing manner, "Pro bottle opener, or a pro basketball player?"

Ovie tilted his head slightly as another laugh escaped his lips, "Maybe I'll be both," He smirked before taking a sip of his glass, Summer mirroring his actions.

"Here's to our first date that's not in a tub of chlorine and warm water," Summer raised her glass with a light chuckle, brushing her hair over her shoulder as she did so.

"To our first outside date," Ovie echoed, raising his glass before moving his hand towards her face, pulling the girl in for yet another love-filled kiss.

Pulling away, Summer turned to glance over at the ocean, taking in its beauty as it sent light waves across the horizon, setting the scene, "It's so beautiful, isn't it? I've always thought the beach is such a peaceful place, y'know?"

Whilst the girl continued to talk about her love for the beach, Ovie couldn't help but admire everything about her — from the way her eyes shone with passion, to how her smile would reach her eyes whenever she found even the tiniest things funny.

"I love you," Was the only thing he could think to say, not realising the words that had left his mouth until they did. Summer was quick to turn back to look at him, confusion lacing her face.

"Wha-"

"I said I love you, Summer," Ovie sighed, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly as he decided to admit how he had been feeling for the past few days, "I love everything about you, your looks, personality, style. Literally, name any aspect and I'll tell you just how much I'm in love with it and you. You're the person I wake up to every morning, and the only person I want to wake up to. I love you."