[23 makeup or breakup?]

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ REFRESHER
[23] twenty-third chapter
episode twenty-two, season 5
-narrative+instagram
word count 4496
>In which Maura
falls out with Tom
and the villa is
hit with a shock
recoupling.

"He's fucked it," was all the girl said before placing herself down on the nearest vacant stool, leaving the others in complete confusion as they tried to figure out what Tom possibly could have done to piss Maura off that much.

Summer was the first to question the raging girl, "You what?"

"Yeah, I'm not bringing him to the hideaway. At all," Maura added, tucking her hair behind her ears, watching the girls' faces warp from excited smiles to looks of shock as she elaborated, "I've just come down, and guess what I overheard him saying."

When Molly followed up with a 'what?', she told them, "'It'd be interesting to see if she's all mouth or not,'" she said, making Yewande gasp and the others lean slightly forward in intrigue, "He's obviously not a gentleman. I called him over, I go, 'What did you say?'. So he said it and I go, 'Are you joking?'. And I go, 'Did you say that?'. And he goes, 'Yeah, but it's just cause the boys were saying...' And I was like, 'Do you know what you can do? Go fuck yourself,'" she told the girls, making their eyes go wide in even more shock.

"No, no, no," Amber told her, shaking her head as if Maura had done the wrong thing in the moment.

Maura seemed slightly taken aback as she responded, "Are you jokin'?! He's not gonna talk about me like I'm a piece of shit!" she exclaimed, making the girls try to hide their laughter whilst Maura continued her wee rant, "He can go f- And imagine, guys, if I didn't hear that and went in and done something with him, I'd look like an asshole!"

With that, the girl stood up from her seat on the stool, grabbed her water bottle and began pacing the room whilst the others exchanged both concerned and slightly amused glances, for they hadn't experienced drama in days, other than Danny and Yewande, so it was like watching reality TV for them.

"I'm- I'm shaking," Maura told them, "Look at my hand."

The girls were trying their best to comfort the girl and get her to laugh, however, their plans went down the drain when a voice called down the corridor to the dressing room.

"Maura," Tom spoke, walking towards the entrance of the dressing room, trying to keep the situation calm, yet failing miserably, "Can we just clear... Can we clear something up?"

Before already raging Maura had a chance to shut him down, Molly cut in, "I think you should do this out of here. Don't let us all be involved."

"Aye, I think that's best for both of you," Summer agreed, obviously not wanting to be in the middle of a Maura argument, no matter how entertaining it may seem.

"Yeah, yeah, wherever you want," Tom added, trying his best to redeem himself in the girls' eyes.

Maura, on the other hand, was not bothered, "I don't care," she told the boy who stood at the door, taking a sip out of her water bottle, "Say what you have to say. The girls are here. They're gonna hear it anyway."

After Maura had moved towards the doorway, still stood in the room, though, Tom began, "I feel like that was a miscommunication. I don't know what-"

"What do you mean, 'Miscommunication'?!" Maura exclaimed, making the girls' eyes widen once again as they almost choked on air over how the situation escalated, "You said what you said!"

"No, they asked me," Tom protested, trying his hardest to get Maura to believe him, however, it seemed like her opinion wasn't swaying any time soon.