[19 kiss and tell]

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ REFRESHER
[19] nineteenth chapter
episode nineteen, season 5
-narrative
word count 2761
>In which a kissing
challenge brings out
more than just tongues.

Morning had seemed to come earlier than usual as Summer woke up feeling like she was miles away from Ovie, yet she was only a few inches. Climbing out of bed was a chore, for she couldn't help but notice how Arabella seemed to be eyeing both Danny and Ovie - it was literally seven in the morning.

Up in the changing rooms, Molly seemed to have noticed Summer wasn't feeling her usual self, so she pulled her out to the roof terrace mid-hair brush to chat.

"What t'fuck was that for?" Summer groaned, the light from the sun still had a heavy effect on her eyes.

"Okay what on Earth is going on with you?" the blonde asked her confusedly, "I mean, ever since Arabella and Ovie went on their date, you've been really fucking distant. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but you didn't even talk to Ovie this morning or last night."

Resting her chin in the palm of her hand, Summer sighed, "I dunno. I mean, I really like him and I think I'm just scared about him, like, falling head over heels for Arabella or something like that. And I know we've only been together for, like, two and a bit weeks but it feels a lot longer and-"

"Okay, no," Molly cut her off, placing her hands on the girl's shoulders as she shook her lightly, "There is no way she is any better than you. She hardly even meets your standards."

"Oh, shush," Summer brushed her off, blushing slightly at the comment.

"No, seriously," the blonde girl told her, "You're hot, you're smart, you've actually got a personality and most of all you're actually nice to people. If he goes for her over you, then, I'm sorry but, he is categorically blind."

With a soft smile, Summer repeated, "Categorically?" stifling a chuckle.

Molly rolled her eyes as she responded, "Yeah, categorically. Now go out there and get your man."

"Aye, I will," Summer confirmed, getting up and walking to the doorway, Molly following her slightly behind.

Walking into the kitchen, Summer made almost immediate eye contact with Ovie as she mouthed, 'Chat at the firepit?', to which he nodded yes and followed her over.

Taking a seat in the centre, Ovie was the first one to speak up, "So, what's up?"

Fiddling slightly with her fingers, Summer's leg began to bounce up and down continuously as she told him, "So basically I just wanted to know, like, where we are and how you feel especially."

Ovie raised an eyebrow sceptically before telling her, "Do you mean with Arabella and that?"

"Aye... With Arabella... And that."