Chapter 3

Stress.

This week was all about stress. El Clásico was in 3 days and all you could see was the players training and training, sometimes crying. No joke on that last one, Jesé cried when he was trying to score against Casillas, but it never got past Casillas. It was like watching a mad house. Coaches running up and down the field telling the guys what to do and the players doing what they tell them. I get why they were all stressed out, though. The game is at Camp Nou against one of the greatest teams in the world. I mean, I'm stressed and I don't even play.

I was currently standing next to Juan and Victor. We were watching them practice set attacks. Isco dribbled the ball then passed it to Ronaldo, Ronaldo to Bale, Bale to Benzemá, and Benzema puts it in the goal.

Harder when you think when you have Pepe, Carvajal, Marcelo, and Sergio Ramos defending the ball. "Abril!" I was too caught up in my own thoughts that I didn't realize there was a player on the ground surrounded by Juan and Victor. I quickly walked over and saw that it was Cristiano on the floor covering his head in pain. "Take him to my office and put some bandages on his head. He'll be alright."

I nodded and he got up from the floor. He followed me to the office and laid down on the leather sofa made especially for the players if they ever got injured. "What happened?" I asked him.

No answer.

"Hello? I asked you a question!" I exclaimed getting the gauze from a drawer.

Again, no answer.

"You know you're gonna have to talk to me someday."

"You won't last long enough for me to have a conversation with you." He snapped.

I went over to him and knelt beside him, "Why do you think I won't last long here?"

No answer.

I examined his head to see that it was all bloody. The dark red blood in his hair made it seem as if he had highlights. I found the cause of the bleeding, it was on his temple. Grabbing a cotton ball with alcohol I gently cleaned the wound. He winced at the contact, but I continued, not wanting him to get an infection. After cleaning the spot, I cleaned his hair with water. I wrapped his head with the gauze. His eyes seemed focused on Juan's university diploma, eyebrows creased as if he were thinking hard. What would I give to be inside that little brain of his?

"Okay. You're all set." I mumbled putting everything away. With that he got up and left. "Um... You're welcome!" I yelled sarcastically at him.

•••

"Remember to tell Messi that I love him okay?" Catalina reminded me as we were approaching Barajas Airport.

"Cata, how many times do I have to tell you that, first of all... He doesn't know you, second of all I'm not talking to a Culè. Besides, if the guys see me talking to one of them they'll cut me to pieces and goodbye job." I explained gathering my purse. "Oh and lastly he has a son and a very pretty girlfriend."

"Well, a girl can dream, right?" She joked.

I gave her a hug and kissed her cheek, "Right." I got out the car and got my small carry on bag from the trunk. We were only staying for the weekend then we'd be back on Sunday, there was no need for a huge bag. "Love you!" I waved.

She didn't leave without screaming something, "Good luck on loosing to us!" I had a strange feeling she was screaming at me. Damn, my best friend for being a Barcelona fan. I turned around and realized at who she was screaming at. The whole team was looking at me.

"Just ignore her." I stated smiling shyly at the end. "She's what you call a Blaugrana."

"We noticed." Gareth laughed.