Chapter 8

Cristiano's POV

I watched them leave the house singing Uptown Funk at the top of their lungs and Pepe holding Junior's hand, leading him out. Why do I call them my best friends? Oh right because I'm exactly like them.

Abril went to her room shortly after. I wanted to grab her hand and pull her back, but I resisted and walked to my room instead. After all, it was part of the plan.

I quickly typed in a text for Marcelo.

To Marcelo

Thank you so much for doing this.

I looked at myself in the mirror trying to decide if I should leave my hair natural or use some gel to tame the curls, but then I thought of the time Abril told me she liked my hair better in its natural state. We were having dinner and she randomly popped up with that. I liked that about her, she was honest and forthright, unlike other girls I've dated who looked like barbies by being so hypocritical.

I heard the buzz sound of my phone coming from the counter.

From Marcelo:

Dude, don't worry we love Mini Cris maybe more than Big Cris. :P Anyway, what are you doing texting me? Go get your girl!!!!

I smiled at his idiotic text and put the phone down. I grabbed my favorite shirt from the walk in closet and buttoned it up, also putting on my black trousers. I rolled up the shirt's sleeves and put on my Rolex.

'I'm finally going to do it,' I thought as I grabbed the bouquet of roses I had in a vase reserved just for them. They were yellow because according to Abril, as she once told me, red roses are too cliché and white roses are way too dull.

I took a deep breath and stepped out my room.

Here I go.

Abril's POV

"Te estaba buscando, por la calle gritando!" I sang as I danced all around my room blaring El Perdón by Enrique Iglesias.

I almost didn't hear the faint sound of a door clicking, but I did so I swiftly turned around and there was Cristiano with a goofy grin on his face and a bouquet of yellow-not red or white-roses in his hands. I stopped dancing and hit pause before looking at him and laughing.

"Oh, god! Sorry you had to see that." I said between laughs and he smiled even bigger.

"Actually I found it quite amusing." He said.

I stopped laughing finally realizing that he was all dressed up. "And where are you going all dandy-looking?"

"On a date."

Oh, did you hear that? That was the sound of ny heard breaking up in thousands of pieces. "Oh. Have fun then." I moved to sit down on the bed when he stopped me by grabbing my wrist.

"With you."

It's okay, I brought tape for my heart. "Wait- what?"

"We're going on a date. I brought you yellow roses so you have to go with me. There's no excuse." He stated like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"But I look like a zombie."

"Most beautiful zombie I've ever seen if that's the case."

I took the flowers and set them on the bed, "Zombies are never beautiful. They're dead and decaying."

"Well then, you're not a zombie." He huffed.

"Thank god. So where are you taking me?" I asked, looking through my suitcase to see if I had anything nice to put on.