Chapter 37

Imagine being woken up by a kick to the back from your lovely fiancé. Sounds horrible. Feels horrible. Just ask Ronaldo. At least her feet were swollen and mushy so it didn't hurt that much. Wait, how the hell did her short feet reach all the way up to his back with her pregnant belly?

Never mind that. Pay attention to her now and then to her tiny, swollen feet.

Cristiano turned swiftly, facing her concerned face, "Is there a reason as to why I was woken up with a kick to the back?"

"Didn't you hear me, idiot!?" She asked frantically holding his face in her tiny hands (everything about Abril was tiny according to Cristiano).

Cris finally reacted to her frantic attitude by widening his eyes and asking, "Is it the baby?"

"No! It's the cat!" She said rolling her brown eyes.

"But we don't have a-"

"Of course it's the baby- Ow!" Abril felt a sharp pain in her belly and winced a bit.

"Hospital. Now."

Suddenly Cris was on his feet and picking up the phone, calling his mother and telling her to come over quick and take care of Junior while they go to the hospital. Meanwhile, Abril sat up on the bed and slipped on her flip flops, not caring that she was going in public in some huge sweatpants and a huge t shirt. Something was not right at this moment, she was only 32 weeks into the pregnancy, she wasn't due until four weeks later.

As Abril went to the baby's room to pick up her hospital bag, she smiled at the blue wallpaper with a pirate ship on it, completely forgetting about the pain and the worrying. She thought about how her little baby was going to be in this room, sleeping soundly. His closet was full of clothes and toys littered the floor. It was move in ready. The only thing missing was his name.

Shit. He still has no name.

Wait. Contraction, "Ow! Motherfucker! Why do you have to come out on a Friday? Babies don't come out on weekends," she cooed soothing her throbbing belly, "They take the weekends off right, baby boy? Ah! Guess not."

Cristiano was suddenly holding her by the waist, "What are you still doing here? Let's go! Mom's here."

Exhaling through her mouth Abril said, "Thank god she lives next door."

They walked down the stairs to meet Dolores, "Oh, sweetie, the pain will pass trust me." Dolores hugged Abril quickly and Abril smiled a bit through the pain.

Cristiano opened the door and before leaving said, "Tell Junior that we're at the hospital to see his little brother when he wakes up. Love you! Call you when he's here!"

When they got to the maternity ward of the hospital, it was 2 AM and there were barely any people, "See, baby boy, babies take the weekend off, but you're stubborn like you're father aren't you?"

Abril felt someone put her onto a wheelchair and smiled to see a nurse pulling her quickly down the hall. She looked back to see Cristiano filling in some papers at the desk. Then another contraction came and she no longer was staring at Cristiano, but at her throbbing uterus. She grunted and moaned in pain whilst in the wheelchair.

"Excuse me, miss?" The nurse asked in a sweet voice,"We're in the room."

"Sorry, darling, but I'm in- ah! -pain right now! Ahhh!!" Abril scrunched her face and breathed heavily. The sweat was dripping down her forehead like a waterfall already and she wasn't even pushing yet. "Where's my boyfriend?!"