Chapter 27

"I wish you would have been there, Cata. I needed my best friend," Abril said, falling on the bed at Catalina's studio apartment.

Catalina remained silent. She felt horrible. Abril was telling her that she was so heartbroken when she found out the media knew about the baby.

"How the fuck did they even find out?" Abril asked.

The blonde girl shrugged and kept typing on her computer, she was still not saying a word. She was afraid that if she opened her mouth, she would confess her betrayal and what was happening with her and Lionel. So she shut her mouth and when Abril asked her anything she would just make a gesture with her body or talk in monosyllables.

Catalina zoned out completely. She heard the words that Abril was saying, but she didn't understand them. Quite frankly, she wasn't even trying to understand them.

It wasn't until Abril was finishing a story about how James accidentally ate Toni's protein bar and Toni cried like a baby when Catalina finally focused on Abril's voice.

"Did I mention that it's a boy?" Abril asked excitedly, placing a hand on her 6 month pregnant stomach.

It was now pretty obvious that she was pregnant. The entire team knew she had a bun in the oven. Hell, even Florentino knew. Luckily, no one asked who was the baby's father. Only James, Isco, Toni, Pepe, and Marcelo knew it was Cristiano's. But Abril could sense that Sergio knew who's it is. The media paint him as a very stupid man when, in fact, he was actually pretty smart

"Really?! And you didn't tell me?" Catalina asked, shocked.

"Well, you haven't talked to me in months. I've tried calling you, but you just don't answer." Abril said, "I mean, I had to barge in here to talk to you. Are-"

"All right! I get it! I've been a bad friend." Catalina let out, burying her face in her hands as she turned to face Abril.

Abril saw the state her best friend was in and she knew something wasn't right. "I didn't say that. I mean-"

"Don't cover it up. I know I'm a horrible friend." She cried. By this point the blonde had tears streaming down her face.

"No you haven't." Abril said reaching out to hug her.

Catalina pushed her away and sniffled, "I think you should go."

"But-"

"Just go ... I'm doing you a favor." She said looking up through her tear filled blue eyes.

Abril nodded slowly and picked up her stuff. She looked at a picture of them both smiling at their first football game. She remembers it as if it were yesterday. It was Real Madrid versus Valencia and she remembers dragging Catalina to it because she didn't want to see her favorite team's enemy's play. They ended up having the funnest time ever.

Abril opened the door carrying her handbag and keys in one hand. Before stepping out she looked back and saw Catalina shrugged in her desk chair. "Will you tell me what's wrong?"

"I'll tell you when the time is right. For now, just go." She paused, Abril looked at her one last time, "I suggest you find another friend in the meantime."

Abril was hit with a ton of bricks with that last sentence. She said nothing and closed the door behind her.

Had she done something wrong?

As she walked down the steps and to the warm streets of Madrid, she thought about everything she had done in the last few months to see if she did anything to hurt her.

Abril walked to the black Porsche parked outside the building and hopped in the driver's seat. Cristiano and her basically lived together so he said she could borrow any car she wanted. Her favorite was this black Porsche because out of all his cars this one was the least flashy. Technically Cris hadn't asked her to move in, but she was always over at his house and most of her things were there already. She felt at home there.