Chapter 28 (1)

Abril sat up on the bed, abruptly ending her wonderful dream. Something wasn't right. She felt it within. No. She knew it.

She looked down at her 6 month belly which was very big now. What was he going to look like? Will he look like her? Like Cristiano? Dear God let him look like Cristiano. She smiled at her own thoughts and then remembered why she woke up so abruptly at 4 AM.

Turning her head, she noticed Cristiano wasn't next to her. Something definitely was awry. Cristiano was always next to her; holding her. Abril felt a kick and placed a hand on her belly. She wondered if he could sense her discomfort.

She carefully unwrapped herself from the blankets and slipped on her bunny slippers. She opened the bathroom door to see if he was just on the toilet. (Yes, they had that kind of trust already) Not there. As she padded through the hallway, she heard Cristiano Jr.'s snores through his open door. Cristiano was a bit paranoid so he always leaves his son's door open just in case he yells bloody murder he can hear him.

She looked at the young boy and leaned on the doorframe. He really was adorable. His dark curls fell on his face while his mouth hung open as little snores came out. Just like his father, she thought.

Abril once again snapped out of her thoughts and continued her expedition around the house.

After searching through all of the rooms of the house, she came to the conclusion that Cristiano wasn't in the house. She slumped on the living room couch and closed her eyes for a while. Something was poking into her back. It was a half eaten churro. Damn Toni. He must've left it there from the night before. Abril chuckled.

Then she got the idea to call Cristiano. So Abril picked up the phone and called him twice. No answer. She was truly worried now.

Where is he?

•••

Cristiano ignored the buzzing of his phone and sighed. He knew Abril was worried, but he had to do this with absolutely no interruptions. Remember, when Cristiano Ronaldo wants something, he always gets it.

His grip on the leather steering wheel tightened and he pressed on the gas pedal a bit harder, making the Lamborghini speed up even more. As he zoomed past La gran via he watched the bums laid on the sidewalk and he coudn't help, but frown.

As he made a left, he took his cell phone and dialed the number he swore he would never call again.

"Cristiano?" The shrill voice rang through the phone's speaker. "Why are you calling so damn early? A supermodel needs her sleep you know?"

Cristiano frowned, "Where are you?"

"Why would I tell you that? Or is it that you want me back? Because I am more than willing to help you cheat on your pregnant girlfriend."

"Irina, I swear to God-"

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. You know that you should not use God's name in vain," Irina's voice was filled with mischief. Cristiano could almost feel her smirk.

"Irina!" He yelled.

"What? No need to yell. Save that for the bedroom."

"I'm gonna ignore that comment." Cris said through clenched teeth, "Are you at your Madrid house?"

"Yes, but why-"

"I'm coming over."

Cristiano hit the end button and blew out a breath he was holding in.

He arrived at Irina's place a few minutes later